No announcement yet.

Green Lanterns finally begins with #22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I miss Arisia being a part of the cast that gets to do meaningful things too. I cut my teeth as a Green Lantern fan on Steve Englehart's run with Joe Staton, Bruce Patterson and Mark Farmer. Great times!

Comment

Guessing Carol fell from grace in the eyes of Hal fans after she dumped him and went with Kyle but other that apparently being the only girl of the GL Corps Arisia seem a little too irrelevant to date anyone nowdays and even more now that Soranik and Jessica are here. Yea she is hot but kinda boring since she doesnt have that childish personality anyomore. Ironically it seem it is only when she is a love interest when there is focus on her like in her time with Sodam Yat.

The way I see it every GL has his thing. Guy is about comedy. Hal is the poster child. John is about the Corps. And Kyle about relationships/banging the lantern ladies.

What are Jess and Baz about btw I been reading all their issues and still havent figure it out...

Comment

Originally posted by Noct View Post
        Guessing Carol fell from grace in the eyes of Hal fans after she dumped him and went with Kyle ...
        Well, Hal + Carol is the classic pairing. That's GL's Lois and Clark. So, I wouldn't mind a return to that. I feel like it has to happen eventually anyway. Hal + Arisia may have been my favorite but realistically I know it's not the default relationship and I highly doubt they'll return to it.

Comment

Same for me. Hal+Carol is the standard, and it HAS to go back to that, so I enjoy these little flings Hal has when he can get them. Now that I think about it, it HAS been a while. Hal has been married to his job for a long time. His fling with Cowgirl was forgotten about before it even began. I wouldn't ind seeing him and Arisia rekindle their thing for a while.

Comment

No other better than Dorine. They should take her back as soon as possible

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_dNgNPwAJDI...-h/Dorine4.jpg
            Jeronimo Thompson
            Alan's Drycleaner
            Last edited by Jeronimo Thompson; 05-30-2017, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Now you're talking old school!

Comment

Comment

By the way, as Lein Wein started his run in Green Lantern (and Hal Jordan returned to Earth), poor Dorine received the same treatment Carol Ferris has received now with respect to Kyle: 'Dorine? The woman who has spent the last months with me in space? Uh... No, I don´t know who are you talking about?'
                  Jeronimo Thompson
                  Alan's Drycleaner
                  Last edited by Jeronimo Thompson; 05-30-2017, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Yeah, Hal pretty much kicked Dorine to the curb when he went home. He wasn't going to explain her to Carol! Total Michael Carleone moment there.

Comment

I prefer Soranik but at the same time I think she could improve, also with her current Sinestro Corps costume she is a little overdressed I really liked her old costume.

She has so much potential for costumes, and just imagine her as Indigo Lantern, she would litterally be Dejah Thoris from Warlords of Mars

Noct
                      Sinestro's Sparring Partner
                      Last edited by Noct; 05-31-2017, 04:28 AM.

Comment

I really like her GL uniform.

Comment

I think the powers that be wanted to get away from that cheesecake deal going on with Soranik's costume, with the boobs near hanging out. Of course that will appeal to some people, and turn others away. I'm pretty indifferent myself.

I was thinking of mentioning Dorine. If I was to write Hal Jordan, I'd likely do something unexpected like bring back Dorine, or, depending on the situation, Olivia Reynolds. Dorine is cool because she works both on Earth and in space, you really can't say that about a lot of these characters, and she has a pretty neat old school classic science fiction background.

As for Carol Ferris, I think she's interesting because her relationship with Hal Jordan is SO dysfunctional, and that's actually sort of unique. It actually seems like something that can't and won't work (if Carol is written as her classic self, which I don't believe she has been for a while), but the characters keep gravitating back to each other.

If this was real, I don't believe Carol Ferris is the best, healthiest love interest for Hal Jordan (and neither is Arisia, because of all the obvious weirdness going on in their history). That Cowgirl character may have been, but I don't know if she will ever come back.
                          ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Originally posted by Star-Lantern View Post

As for Carol Ferris, I think she's interesting because her relationship with Hal Jordan is SO dysfunctional, and that's actually sort of unique. It actually seems like something that can't and won't work (if Carol is written as her classic self, which I don't believe she has been for a while), but the characters keep gravitating back to each other.

If this was real, I don't believe Carol Ferris is the best, healthiest love interest for Hal Jordan (and neither is Arisia, because of all the obvious weirdness going on in their history). That Cowgirl character may have been, but I don't know if she will ever come back.
                            The thing with Carol and Hal is that they are waaay to much alike, both are pilots, they grew up as childhood friends, they both are too proud and yes they fight more than not. A literal love-hate relationship thats why I was pro Kyle/Carol even tho I prefer Sora. Oppsites attract thats why Carol went with Kyle and the age difference actually made it look more adult and like a real relationship than Hal and Carol are DESTINED becouse Geoff Johns says so.

I dont believe in Lois and Clark couples that are supposed to be together no matter what. I think that make them more like doomed relationships to begin with. Look at Batman or Spiderman just to name the ones at the top of my head. That made them most like tragic relationships.

If it has to be Carol or Arisia for Hal he should go with Arisia even if it is a little creepy. Carol would be this circle all over again unless he marry her and we all know thats not happening.

And I still think Carol/Kyle needs clousure. Becouse it happened. Even if DC go out of their way and never mention it again then Im just going to assume Carol and Kyle are still lovers/friends with benefits even if hes dating Soranik lol.

Comment

And I still think Carol/Kyle needs clousure.
                              I certainly agree with that. I think it's really cheap to never mention that relationship or explain what happened to it.

It's funny, but I think Carol had a more functional relationship with Kyle Rayner than she did with Hal Jordan, too. Even if it did just kind of come out of nowhere and was a little strange from a conceptual point of view.

I think the reason that was done is because Carol is primarily looked at, and PRIMARILY IS, a love interest, and little else. That's why she was created. That's her role. And at the time, she was a regular in Kyle Rayner's book, not Hal Jordan's. So the writers just made her Kyle Rayner's love interest. It doesn't seem like they can get her to comfortably fit in Hal Jordan's adventures when he's not on Earth working at Ferris Aircraft.
                              ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

...or, depending on the situation, Olivia Reynolds...
                                You mean like depending on whether she's evil or not?

...As for Carol Ferris, I think she's interesting because her relationship with Hal Jordan is SO dysfunctional, and that's actually sort of unique. ... If this was real, I don't believe Carol Ferris is the best, healthiest love interest for Hal Jordan . . .
                                The thing with Carol and Hal is that they are waaay to much alike . . .
                                Yeah, but we all know couples like that--we saw one of them with someone who made more sense but they keeping going back to prize-fight relationship.

I dont believe in Lois and Clark couples that are supposed to be together no matter what. I think that make them more like doomed relationships to begin with.
                                Why? What's doomed about Lois and Clark? There are certain characters that are just associated in fiction. Arthur goes with Guinevere. Robin Hood goes with Maid Marian. Superman goes with Lois.

Look at Batman or Spiderman just to name the ones at the top of my head.
                                I don't remember them hooking up. Actually, I wouldn't put Batman in the same category. Recently, Catwoman has become his standard and Talia was the baby mama, but he was never associated with one character the way Clark and Diana are.

If it has to be Carol or Arisia for Hal he should go with Arisia even if it is a little creepy. . .
                                But it's not creepy anymore. She's an adult by any standard now.

Comment

Working...
                                X