No announcement yet.

Kyle as the White Lantern...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I had to choose another color for Kyle to be I'd choose blue. Because he ressurrected the GL Corps, because he seemed to bring more hope to people.

But, personally, I kinda like him as a Green Lantern. That's who he was introduced as and that's who I'd like to keep him as. I don't really think he needs a special ring ... he just has to be written well, which is what attracted me to his charcter in the beginning. He's no longer the star of the GL show, but I think he's been treated well in GLC.

Comment

Two pages of development per each issue of GLC just ain't doing it for me. And I'm getting bored with Gleason's art, it's not consistant enough. Guy got lucky getting Pasarin for his Emerald Warriors title.

~KL~

Comment

Kyle did reignite the Central Power Battery...kind like hope re-energizing a sun...

I do like them exploring the other heroes and GLs as other lanterns...it would be fun to see Kyle have both and see how he reacts to the powers.
        White Lantern's Oath

From the center of all that is right,
        To that which challenges all your might,
        Never fade or give into strife,
        Don't let it end...Live Your Life!

Comment

I like the possibility of Kyle possesing the only white battery. He was alone for so long and did so much for the Corps that it would only be fair to let him star in his own book. Geez the guy keep the dream alive for 10 years. Johns give him his reward now. Aw, but we know the Kyle hating Johns isn't gonna let that happen. Johns' ego will force him to create a new character as a white lantern to leave his legacy in comics.

Comment

Originally posted by tommyofshaolin View Post
            I like the possibility of Kyle possesing the only white battery. He was alone for so long and did so much for the Corps that it would only be fair to let him star in his own book. Geez the guy keep the dream alive for 10 years. Johns give him his reward now. Aw, but we know the Kyle hating Johns isn't gonna let that happen. Johns' ego will force him to create a new character as a white lantern to leave his legacy in comics.
            quoted for truth

M

Comment

See Kyles my guy, hes the one I started reading when I got into comics..with that said I still like Hal but hes not "My" GL.
              I think Hal works better with the corps and all that for the space cop stories..
              part of what made Kyle such a great read for me was the learning curve...the being unique..hes a great GL, but if hes given the lone white ring for example he has a whole new learning curve, one that be great for the big space opera stories but also for the more character drivin earth ones...him connecting with people while controlling this awsome power...yest hes deep down the type to give it up. I find that dynamic interesting. and he did sorta raise his mom back to life with ion...
              TorchBearer - BlueLantern Corps

Comment

i'd be more for seeing Kyle as a White Lantern than i would be anyone else at this point...

Hal's gonna be green, always green...
                John... nah, don't see it somehow...
                Guy... He just wouldn't give a crap and stick with the GLC nomatter what...

Kyle is the only one out of the four that i can actually see having the White Ring and sticking with it

M

Comment

I liked Kyle better when he was dead for five minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by myuserid View Post
                    I liked Kyle better when he was dead for five minutes.
                    Funny, I preferred Hal when he was dead for 10 years opposed to the cardboard cutout, nil personality job we've got currently

M

Comment

Originally posted by methos View Post
                      Funny, I preferred Hal when he was dead for 10 years opposed to the cardboard cutout, nil personality job we've got currently

M

Comment

Originally posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
                        Two pages of development per each issue of GLC just ain't doing it for me. And I'm getting bored with Gleason's art, it's not consistant enough. Guy got lucky getting Pasarin for his Emerald Warriors title.

~KL~

No more Gleason after next month. GLC gets Adrian Syaf. Hopefully Bedard has some good stories for Kyle as well.

Comment

i think as many others have pointed out here that kyle would actually make sense as the white lantern with the fact that he did bring the entire corps back and tried bringing his mother back that does speak to creation. that would bring everything full circle and tie it all together in a nice little bow,which is probablly why it wouldn't happen lol

Comment

The ONLY reason Kyle would make a fitting white Lantern is the same reason anyone else would: He died and was resurrected.

JLA: the Obsidian Age. The entire JLA died. Kyle, Wally, Plasticman, Batman, and the rest. They were all brought back to life, though.

But all the reasons Kyle would make a great White apply better to Blue. Or even to Green.

Comment

Originally posted by Shingo Wol View Post

Comment

Why can't we let this thread and the horrible idea of making Kyle anything but a Green Lantern just die?!

Comment

Working...
                                X