Which GL Will DIE?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ωmega Man View Post
    If DC really wanted to push a cosmic title like JL:O they should've made a GL like John the leader rather than Cyborg.
    Words cannot begin to describe how tired I am of Cyborg. DC's unbroken chain of attempts to make "fetch" happen since Robinson's Justice League eight years ago have utterly ruined all interest in the character I ever had. And they won't stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
      Words cannot begin to describe how tired I am of Cyborg. DC's unbroken chain of attempts to make "fetch" happen since Robinson's Justice League eight years ago have utterly ruined all interest in the character I ever had. And they won't stop.
      I just think Cyborg works better with the Titans, even if it's a mentor role. He's about the least qualified when it comes to leading a team of League C-listers in space depending on which parts of his history they've chosen to keep post Rebirth.

Comment

He gets lost in Justice League. He's a better fit for Titans.

Comment

Oh, Titans need him no doubt about that. Ever since New52 started, the Titans have had a Cyborg-shaped hole.

Comment

Following up on what I was saying earlier, DC just doesn't sell that many ongoings that stick. Go to ICV2 or Comichron and count them. They keep launching new ones, but they keep flopping.

I'll be very surprised if any of those new Justice League titles stick, so putting Cruz and Cyborg there doesn't solve anything for those characters. And putting Kyle in an emotional spectrum title would flop too.

There's only so much space on DC's pages for Green Lanterns, which means they're playing a zero-sum game. When they add another Lantern, there's no place to put that character that doesn't indirectly demote an existing one, unless it's in a title that's going to flop anyway.

If Geoff ever finishes Doomsday Clock and the JSA comes back, it'll have Alan, Titans will have Kyle, and Justice League will have John. This is what I've wanted for a long time, and it's finally happening.

What about Hal and Guy? Put Hal in an Earth comic and Guy in a space comic. That's the only thing that makes sense, as I've said forever.

But what about Baz and Cruz? Sorry, no room at the inn. They have to do something else besides be Green Lanterns.
            Trey Strain
            Guardian of the Universe
            Last edited by Trey Strain; 11-17-2018, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Would turning Simon into a new Spectre or Vigilante or Question work?

Comment

I don't know. Something else I've wanted for a long time is for DC to launch a team comic that includes all the street-level Charlton characters plus DC's Golden Age street-level characters. And Batman too, because he sells. It would involve taking Batman out of Justice League, where he's a bad fit anyway
                because he has no powers.

That might be a good place for Baz and Cruz.

Comment

Heck no! That's not fair to fans of those characters. Just dumping excess GLs off in another town like homeless people isn't the answer.

Comment

Baz could join the new Outsiders and become a casualty in that series. If he survives HiC. I don't think he's going to though as he's the only Lantern not being featured elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                      Heck no! That's not fair to fans of those characters. Just dumping excess GLs off in another town like homeless people isn't the answer.
                      They relocate a lot of homeless people in your town?

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                        What happens is that residents and merchants complain about them, so the police just move them to another neighborhood. Then the residents and merchants who complained about them consider the problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                          Lol I was thinking of that South Park episode where they solved their homeless problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                            What happens is that residents and merchants complain about them, so the police just move them to another neighborhood. Then the residents and merchants who complained about them consider the problem solved.
                            Im pretty sure my town has become the recipient of that. We have a pantload of homeless people and tax burdens that didnt grow up here. Most are imported.

Comment

Thats how I feel about hijacking characters by replacing the alter egos with other established characters: not in my backyard.

Comment

Originally posted by Ωmega Man View Post

Guy, Kyle, and John all deserve better. And when DC constantly throws talent and promotional space away on new Catwoman, Batgirl, Robin [ANY Bat-sidekick really...], and those New52 Earth 2 books.... it's almost insulting.

If DC really wanted to push a cosmic title like JL:O they should've made a GL like John the leader rather than Cyborg.

I read JL: Odyssey first two issues and it's off to a solid start. I really wish Kyle was in this title and Jessica in Titans. I hope that switch comes about eventually, if those titles last long enough.

Although I must say that this variant cover that I picked up is SWEET.

Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Working...
                                X