Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would You Be Interested in a GL Villain Forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would You Be Interested in a GL Villain Forum?

After all it's the one area of GL that doesn't have much of a nexus to flock too. We have a forum on every important Earth GL and yet we don't have a forum to talk of the villains they fight.

Like Sinestro, Hector Hammond, Cyborg Superman, or other threads on GL rogues?

Is it too much for such a forum to be created since we have the various vols to talk on this subject and Miscellaneous Green Lantern Comics forums for this?

Or should there be a forum for the villains be created?

Yes
    58.82%
    No
    41.18%

I personally am not interested enough it discussing specific villains independent of their actions in whatever comics I happen to be reading. For my purposes, any discussions of villains that I am likely to have would fit rather neatly in one of the existing forums. But that's just me. Obviously if such a forum existed, I wouldn't avoid it or anything. I just doubt I'd find myself seeking it out, only posting on it when I happen to see an interesting topic title on the "Today's posts" list. (Actually, that's how I find MOST threads on this site, only navigating to a specific forum if I wish to START a thread.)

Comment

I am for it, IF we streamline some of the other forums.

I mean having a Hal and a Volume 2 seems sort of redundant. Same with Kyle and Vol 3, why not combine them?

But still I would like to see a villains forum, because as it is we don't have a whole lot of discussion on them.
      sigpic
      Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post
        I am for it, IF we streamline some of the other forums.

I mean having a Hal and a Volume 2 seems sort of redundant. Same with Kyle and Vol 3, why not combine them?

But still I would like to see a villains forum, because as it is we don't have a whole lot of discussion on them.
        See, for me that argues against a villains forum. I'd say we needed one if there currently WAS a lot of discussion of them, and we wanted to put it all in one convenient place. I guess the question is, will people be more likely to discuss villains if they have their own forum? I can only speak for myself, of course, but my answer is no.

But I'm all for other streamlining, as you mention. I'm inclined to say, break things down by GL rather than series. If you want to talk about a specific story that doesn't focus on one of the main GLs, that would go in the Corps Talk forum (where it would probably go anyway).
        Mister Ed
        Horse of a Different Color
        Last edited by Mister Ed; 09-20-2007, 09:30 PM.

Comment

I am for it. Some interesting discussions could come from it. Plus it is not like it is the end of the world if it doesnt work out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
            See, for me that argues against a villains forum. I'd say we needed one if there currently WAS a lot of discussion of them, and we wanted to put it all in one convenient place. I guess the question is, will people be more likely to discuss villains if they have their own forum? I can only speak for myself, of course, but my answer is no.

But I'm all for other streamlining, as you mention. I'm inclined to say, break things down by GL rather than series. If you want to talk about a specific story that doesn't focus on one of the main GLs, that would go in the Corps Talk forum (where it would probably go anyway).
            But for me I just don't feel right posting about a Sinestro or Henshaw thread in a vol. 3 or 4 thing cause it just doesn't feel right. It isn't about the comic we're talking about. We're talking about the characters.

Sinestro just didn't appear in just one vol of GL. Same goes for Henshaw, and all the GL Rogues. That's why it doesn't fit to just have the comic forums. I think there should be a forum for GL villains so we can post our fav moments or pictures of them.

Comment

*cough* *cough*
              My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

The mass majority of folks in the last "Is there too many forums on the board?" poll seemed to overwhelmingly point to condensing the forums, even merging some together (which I did). But whatever the board wants, we'll do.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                  The mass majority of folks in the last "Is there too many forums on the board?" poll seemed to overwhelmingly point to condensing the forums, even merging some together (which I did). But whatever the board wants, we'll do.
                  Its been pretty much dead even since the start
                  My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Originally posted by GLJIMT View Post
                    *cough* *cough*
                    *cough*

Darn even votes!! Where's a vice president when you need one?

Comment

I voted no, solely because there are more than enough forums already. If some of them were cut down I could see it, but we're talking about a few dozen people spread out into a ton of different forums as it is.

I actually don't even visit all the forums. I use the "new posts" function to get to the current threads, and that's been working pretty well for me.

Comment

Same here but I don't visit the older comics cause I have no right too since I own none of them. Though why can't Miscellaneous Green Lantern Comics being merged with GL on the screen, and toys and the forum be called Miscellaneous Green Lantern Stuff/Multimedia?

Plus the golden age to silver age be merged together and vol. 3 and 4 be merged together? Then we have the character forums for Hal, Kyle, John, Guy, and the Rogues.

Thus you get condense the things to much easier breathing room to allow a villain forum.

Comment

Zechs, you do have a point. Vol. 1-3 I could see merging as there are hardly any threads there.

Vol3 -11 threads
                          Vol2 - 9 threads
                          Vol1 - 9 threads

But Misc is already one of the most active forums here at 93 threads
                          and Toys is at 41 so I would say leave'em as is.

I still say that you can discuss rogues in the Corps Talk just fine.

I mean how long do you think a thread about nothing but Henshaw will really last? - either it will drift way off topic or it will die, IMHO.

You know what, HENSHAW THREAD HERE

Let us see.....
                          GLJIMT
                          Last edited by GLJIMT; 09-21-2007, 03:08 AM.
                          My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

One thing I was considering adding, just to make sure General/About Us is about anything but comics themselves, is to make either a "DC Universe" forum here or a really generic "Other Comics" forum.

Comment

Originally posted by GLJIMT View Post
                              I mean how long do you think a thread about nothing but Henshaw will really last? - either it will drift way off topic or it will die, IMHO.

You know what, HENSHAW THREAD HERE

Let us see.....
                              All it takes is three people what got the original thread on Rama to what it was

Comment

Working...
                              X