No announcement yet.

Red Lanterns #2 *Preview/Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The book is running in place. As we know it won't be until issue 4 before know what RLs are getting a personality.

Comment

I wanted to see that little girl get a red ring. D'oh ... I mean RAGE!

Comment

*Poll added*

Comment

Based off these posts it looks like I made the right decision in passing on this.

Comment

Originally posted by hypotherion View Post
            Based off these posts it looks like I made the right decision in passing on this.
            You and me both.

Sounds like it's going about as well as I thought it would. And that's not a compliment.

Comment

Review's up. http://indigotribe.wordpress.com/201...ed-lanterns-2/
              The last fan of 1990s comics
              Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Did not even bother picking up issue 2. This is the first drop of the DCnU for me. Not sure if I will replace it with anything else.
                I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                  Review's up...
                  "So if this issue is hinting that Rixx may become a Red Lantern…what about the two Earthmen from the last issue? That subplot isn’t even referenced. I know it’s only been a single issue, but it seemed worthwhile last time; it doesn’t even get a nod here, and that’s rather strange."
                  Good points.

Yeah, I was wondering whether they only included that in issue 1 to get the mysterious woman in it (since the rest of the book was off-earth). That might leave it hanging to use or not as they please. If so, that sucks.

BTW: I really like the cover.

Comment

I just read it. 5 minutes of my life I will never get back. The story seems to still be where it was on the first page of the last issue. Atrocitus is moping around pondering the meaning of everything, with a VERY thinly veiled criticism on the Afgan war. Not only was the story dull, it came off as preachy when it didn't have enough meat to hold up even on first reading. The big cliffhanger? WHO will get a personality? Are you kidding me? Which meathead Red Lantern will get a bit a free will and therefore an ounce of characterization?!?!? Not only DON'T I care, but isn't it obvious it's going to be Bleeze, who is transferring out to yet ANOTHER subpar Lantern spinoff? Ugh.

If it wasn't for my committment to having every issue of every GL related title and being a completist, I'd leave this dud of a title and never look back. Smarter guys than me WILL.

I would have given #2 1 star, but the pretty art was enough to elevate it to 2 stars.

Comment

its a nice try. Im buying it but i feel this should be like maybe a 4 part or if they have to 8 part mini series. Dont drag this on because its not really bringing much to the table, however, the art is fantastic and some parts are nice to look at but the story needs work.

Comment

I just hope the Red Lantern who looks like a testicle gets chosen as Attrocitus' #2 guy...cos....ya know...Bleez would be way too obvious!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
                          ...with a VERY thinly veiled criticism on the Afgan war. Not only was the story dull, it came off as preachy ...
                          I forgot to mention that. It was annoying in its obviousness, especially with the comment about the Yuevers originally coming to help in a civil war. Ugh.

Comment

As a book reader I appreciate the slower beginning. Build up is important for a well established story. I'm sure a lot of people want to see serious action (massacre) by the Red Lanterns in the beginning. I often find over-stimuli dies out quickly if given too early or too abundantly.

Red Lantern Corps is facing an uncertain future. Atrocitus spent his entire life seeking revenge on Kronas, only to have it taken by another. His goal was gone and rage subdued, it's only reasonable for him to introspect. Frankly, Atrocitus is the only one capable of deeper thoughts as well as being the leader and direction for the Corps.

Atrocitus wants to select an assistant, whom I don't believe is Bleez. We saw her insolence earlier and her meddling of other Corpsmen. Besides, Bleez seems busy with Kyle on Earth on his journey. I suspect that another Red Lantern would be chosen, possibly the Earthling we saw in issue 1.

Hopefully we see some rile up in the next issue. There shouldn't be too much peace and quiet on a planet full of ragers.
                            :Gray Lantern the True Neutral:

Cyberium of Sector 614, you foresee great HOPE in our future.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberium View Post
                              As a book reader I appreciate the slower beginning. Build up is important for a well established story. I'm sure a lot of people want to see serious action (massacre) by the Red Lanterns in the beginning. I often find over-stimuli dies out quickly if given too early or too abundantly.

Red Lantern Corps is facing an uncertain future. Atrocitus spent his entire life seeking revenge on Kronas, only to have it taken by another. His goal was gone and rage subdued, it's only reasonable for him to introspect. Frankly, Atrocitus is the only one capable of deeper thoughts as well as being the leader and direction for the Corps.

Atrocitus wants to select an assistant, whom I don't believe is Bleez. We saw her insolence earlier and her meddling of other Corpsmen. Besides, Bleez seems busy with Kyle on Earth on his journey. I suspect that another Red Lantern would be chosen, possibly the Earthling we saw in issue 1.

Hopefully we see some rile up in the next issue. There shouldn't be too much peace and quiet on a planet full of ragers.
                              great post. I agree.

toweroffate.blogspot.com

Comment

Ugh, there's James Cameron in my Red Lantern...

Not even the destructiveness of the Red Lantern blood makes up for this lackluster issue.
                                Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

Working...
                                X