Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Kyle Hook Up With Carol?!? He does.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lantern-harmony View Post
    *rolls around laughing* I agree with Deadpool!
    Of course you do, I'm Deadpool, the amazing lunatic!
    Originally posted by IonFan
    (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
    Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
    If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
    Originally posted by Quaker
    I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
      Of course you do, I'm Deadpool, the amazing lunatic!
      Deadpool is the best Green Lantern, alongside Booster Gold.
      "Just smile politely and nod and they'll let me go back to my videogames."

Comment

• Booster Gold?
        Originally posted by IonFan
        (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
        Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
        If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
        Originally posted by Quaker
        I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Booster Gold?
          you don't know this guy?

before the reboot he was one of my favorite characters form what I read the reboot butchered his character. Dan Jurgens and Geoff Johns did a fantastic job with the whole Booster trying to save Barbara Gordon for being paralyzed an him gaining batman respect. there was great character development that just got swept away with the reboot.

Comment

• I think we are all forgetting one very important detail as to why Kyle and Carol won't be doing the nasty. Geoff Johns will not allow it.

Comment

Booster Gold?
              Sorry XD It's a joke. Watch the justice league unlimited episode "greatest story never told" if you wanna get it.

Originally posted by JohnMc View Post
              I think we are all forgetting one very important detail as to why Kyle and Carol won't be doing the nasty. Geoff Johns will not allow it.
              And thank god for that. Though i must note that canon has never stopped shippers before.
              "Just smile politely and nod and they'll let me go back to my videogames."

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnMc View Post
                I think we are all forgetting one very important detail as to why Kyle and Carol won't be doing the nasty. Geoff Johns will not allow it.
                Oh, he allowed it. LOL

Originally posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
                If Kyle hooks up with Carol and if the unwashed masses enjoy it then I'm officially done with comic books again and this board.

There I said it.
                Called it before the New52 even got started.

Dug this thread up and was taken back by everyone's opinions of it back then LOL. Is it a success now? I saw Iggy somewhere praising New Guardians and I could've swore he hated Kyle...

I still don't like the idea of Kyle basically being an Indigo Lantern in White instead of creating white constructs like the WL's during Brightest Day. If Kyle's gonna be banging Carol he should wear green again before it's all over. Then she can accidentally call him Hal, drama ensues, end of relationship and Hal can decide once and for all if Carol is old goods. She can become evil again and attack them both... HEY! TEAM-UP!

~KL~

Comment

• Are you calling out Naysay? Like people did with Alec Baldwin's "I will leave the country if Bush is elected" statement?

It's certainly debatable whether it's "popular." The book has okay, but not good sales. There are fans of the relationship here, but a lot of ... umm... naysaying too.

Comment

• This relationship still makes zero sense. Even looking back at The New Guardians earlier run, Kyle admitted that Carol was using him in order to get to Hal. That connection to Kyle was out of place and made zero sense. It was bad writing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                      Are you calling out Naysay? Like people did with Alec Baldwin's "I will leave the country if Bush is elected" statement?

It's certainly debatable whether it's "popular." The book has okay, but not good sales. There are fans of the relationship here, but a lot of ... umm... naysaying too.
                      Plus New Guardians has dropped the most out of the GL books and is now being outsold by Red Lanterns.

It can't be a coincidence. Most readers are saying "no" to this relationship, as they should.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                        This relationship still makes zero sense. Even looking back at The New Guardians earlier run, Kyle admitted that Carol was using him in order to get to Hal. That connection to Kyle was out of place and made zero sense. It was bad writing.
                        Well, he wouldn't be the first boy will to be used by a pretty girl.

Comment

Well, he wouldn't be the first boy will to be used by a pretty girl.
                          A true femme fatale. I think I like the sounds of that.
                          Mister.Weirdo
                          Guardian of the Universe
                          Last edited by Mister.Weirdo; 10-21-2014, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• The whole relationship seemed forced to me. I mean in GL 20, Hal and Carol are in love after she spent so many issues trying to find him. Then boom next issue the new writer breaks them up with no build up, just to shake up the status quo.

Comment

Are you calling out Naysay?
                              Not exactly, that was just one of the lines that caught my eye looking back at the thread. And all the "Geoff will NEVER let it happen..." statements. I'm still in shock it actually happened in the comics myself and I'm not surprised if the reaction was less than stellar.

~KL~

Comment

• It's stupid, that the way things go in this post-Flashpoint world.

Comment

Working...
                                X