Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SNL -- New Video Game
    Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• dunkey -- Resident Evil 2 (2019)

Comment

• dunkey -- Sekiro speedrun

Holy shit.

Also, just finished my first (and only) weekly apparel project for the first event for Division 2. I managed to receive several event keys and got myself...two rare weapon skins, desert camo pants, and army boots. Well, I was hoping for a rare mask, but I guess the camo pants are cool.

Comment

• Dunkey's reaction to the Sonic film

Comment

• Yo.

wow, this is surprising....: https://kotaku.com/u-s-senator-intro...pay-1834612226

U.S. Senator Introduces Bill To Ban Loot Boxes And Pay-To-Win Microtransactions

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
            Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• I know I'm late to the party, but for a Batman Arkham clone, Spider-Man (2018) is absolutely brilliant.

Comment

• dunkey -- Super Mario 64

Comment

• AVGN: Pepsiman

Comment

• Watched the alpha gameplay reveal of Jedi: Fallen Order. While it could use a little polish, it actually does look incredible and I'm hoping EA doesn't royally fuck up again.

Comment

• Jesus, James and Mike uploaded a 90m video for The Goonies II. Never thought I'd see a JMM upload that long or a sequel game based on the film.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                        Jesus, James and Mike uploaded a 90m video for The Goonies II. Never thought I'd see a JMM upload that long or a sequel game based on the film.
                        Watching it now. When I saw the run time I was wondering if it was a special anniversary episode or something, but it doesn't seem to be so. LOL: one commentator says the game takes about 20 minutes when you know it.

Comment

• James Rolfe thank-you video for 3 million subscribers for the past 15 years

God, I actually started to cry while watching this. Dude has done so much amazing work and I haven't probably watched everything he's done, and it'll be a heavy day when he hangs up the towel.

Comment

• Xbox reviews of game "One Leaves" (big pic)

Comment

• Working on the new exotic holster gear piece for Division 2, which my dad has already unlocked (after significant effort). I make a new build for my main character (my alt isn't leveled yet) and focus on weapon damage wherever possible so that I can burn through enemies, which is critical because you need to do connected activities to raise the alert level to max for each control point you assault (one per faction) to get each piece of the holster before assembly.

I first try against the True Sons at Ivy Tunnel, dying once and almost dying twice more, but I manage to get through it with only mild trouble.

Second go was against the Hyenas, and holy shit was it frustrating. Nearby enemies joining in, allies being knocked around (they were NPCs, but they still got hammered badly), me dying probably a dozen times. I think it was mostly the location of the control point (Cinderblock) that made things especially difficult, but the enemies also kept spawning in right next to me at times, and roaming squads would join in repeatedly, which meant fighting a lot of extra foes that just pushed me harder than it probably should have been.

I only need to do one more level 4 control point, the Outcasts, and then I'm able to move to the next step (guessing putting the thing together, but there might be another hurdle, we'll see). I have put together the Nemesis sniper and the Chatterbox SMG, and I'm going to see about crafting a Liberty pistol. I still haven't seen another Pestilence since way back in World Tier 3 Dark Zone (that one was contaminated anyway, and I wasn't wasting time extracting it).

I'm also thinking about leaving the clan I joined. I'm pretty damn certain that I'm the only person still active (I saw the founder online for a moment yesterday maybe, but other than that, nada), and it's taking fucking forever to level the clan up for bonuses (which, even with Massive lowering the requirements, is a huge effort because they still are set fairly high, some to absurd levels). I think I'll see what the next upgrade to the clan's level is like and then I'll likely ditch it for another clan. I also need to start doing grouped missions and whatnot.

Comment

• Did the last control point against the Outcasts, almost as difficult as the Hyenas was. Now I need to ambush a Black Tusk squad and then craft the holster and I'm good.

Just ran through the Space Admin mission to get the last item and blueprint for the Liberty exotic pistol, which I have just now crafted (can't buy the upgrade blueprint though). Still missing the Pestilence LMG and a couple others it seems, but I'll get there (mostly, because I'm probably never getting the raid's Eagle Bearer).

I finally noticed that doing the invaded versions of missions on hard difficulty doesn't count towards, so I've decided to just eliminate Black Tusk on normal (not even gonna bother doing Tidal Basin on heroic unless I've got a team, because that shit will kill me if I try it alone).

Gonna have to grind 30 foam kills for the Gunner unlock outside of the firing range, because the target dummies don't count for it. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
                                X