Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because for years, I just went down the list and bought the trades in order. I didn't need to read which issues were in each book. It's a newer concept that collected issues from the series that started in New 52. You didn't need to double check on the issue lists until New 52.

Thanks for adding valuable input. Yeah, that was sarcasm.

Comment

In other news, its updated!

Comment

Awesome, thank you Mr. West!

Comment

Originally posted by _ION View Post
          Because for years, I just went down the list and bought the trades in order. I didn't need to read which issues were in each book. It's a newer concept that collected issues from the series that started in New 52. You didn't need to double check on the issue lists until New 52.

Thanks for adding valuable input. Yeah, that was sarcasm.
          Oh, so you didn't actually read the list?

Got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
            Oh, so you didn't actually read the list?

Got it.
            Yeah, I didn't fully read each issue collected in each trade that was listed. That, I've explained twice before this. It really took you awhile to figure that out. If it happened to me, it could definitely happen to others. Therefor, I wanted to mention this in hopes to help someone else out. But it was super important for you to get your post in to show everyone how much of an ignorant asshole you are. I tried helping someone while you attempted to ridicule someone. I really hope that helps you stand up a little taller today and sleep better tonight because inside, you're just pathetic.

Comment

Actually my initial question was because I thought you were saying there was a problem with the list and I couldn't figure out what it was, but sure go ahead and call me pathetic and ignorant.
              Hypo
              Lil' Leaguer
              Last edited by Hypo; 08-31-2016, 07:40 PM.

Comment

very cool and exhaustive list, still waiting for DC to collect the GL stories from the Action comics weekly run. Still resisting the urge to buy dozens of books for 3-4 pages of GL story each and while most of it isn't canon (Lord Malvolio) some of it is Katma Tui.

Comment

Originally posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
                  very cool and exhaustive list, still waiting for DC to collect the GL stories from the Action comics weekly run. Still resisting the urge to buy dozens of books for 3-4 pages of GL story each and while most of it isn't canon (Lord Malvolio) some of it is Katma Tui.
                  I still have a few gaps left, but have the vast majority of it collected from dollar bins. It isn't easy on space but thankfully the run didn't last forever.

I HATE reading or viewing things out of order but I remember reading the first one where (where Katma dies) and was like "so THAT'S where that happens!" despite not reading the preceding GLC stories. No spoiler alerts in a dollar bin haha

Comment

Originally posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
                    I wouldn't count on Katma still being canon, anyway, much less her bits in ACW. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say the character herself is still canon, but I'm MUCH less certain that her marriage to John is still canon, and I'm very skeptical that her death at the hands of the Carol Ferris Star Sapphire is still canon.

Comment

^I got all the Action run from a comic store that had them all at a reasonable price. I found it worth it. The GLs were mostly a decent size (8-10 pages) since they were the feature. I like the Superman stuff (even though it was short) because the artist was Curt Swan, which is how I picture Clark. I also liked the Mad Dog stories and some others.

Comment

Looks like all the DC Rebirth trades will be softcover (I'm assuming this based off of Batman Volume 1 not being hardcover).

Green Lanterns Volume 1 will collect Green Lanterns: Rebirth #1 and Green Lanterns #1-6.

Comment

At 17 dollars, it better be hardcover!

Comment

Isn't that the normal price of DC softcovers these days?

Also interesting that the Nightwing trade appears to be skipping the issues from the upcoming Batbook crossover, I'm guessing crossovers will be collected standalone from now on? Should prevent any further tiffs between me and _ION.

Comment

So Godhead doesn't collect issues 38-40 of the GL books, Renegade picks up at #41, and the other GL books spin off into a different story. I was wondering if I would be missing anything particularly important by just reading Godhead and skipping those 3 issues of each book, or if it would be better to read the trades individually. No spoilers, please. I just wanna figure out the best way to move forward.

Thanks!
                              owllasers
                              Corps Recruit
                              Last edited by owllasers; 11-16-2016, 07:57 PM.

Comment

You'll get 38-40 in The Life Equation trade if you buy that, but if you're torn between that or Godhead, go with Godhead...Unless of course you're also considering how your collection looks.

Comment

Working...
                                X