• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Lanterns #8 *Preview/Spoilers*

RED LANTERNS #8 PREVIEW
    Writer: Peter Milligan
    Artist: Andres Guinaldo & Jorge Jiminez

EDIT: Sorry about the sloppy original post WW, I was in a rush and needed to get to school.
    0.00%
    0.00%
    22.22%
    77.78%
    0.00%
    Groot
    Star Sapphire's Love Slave
    Last edited by Groot; 04-03-2012, 11:25 PM.
    -His Divine Majesty King Groot the 23rd, Monarch of Planet X, custodian of the branch worlds, ruler of all he shades, flora colossus.

interesting!!
    Bring on CHAOS, bring on MY HAPPINESS, bring on rage ..Rage ..RAGE!!!

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y

Comment

Nice development at the end. The issue itself was so-so.

I officially now hear Zilius in his cartoon voice.

I'm not thrilled that Jack can just override the ring and speak without going into the ocean. And a napalm construct?!

Comment

*Poll Added*

Comment

Meh issue. And more retcons, what a shock!
          The last fan of 1990s comics
          Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
            Meh issue. And more retcons, what a shock!
            They weren't Geoff-Cons at least. And I don't think that they were very significant.

I'm not diggin this whole "civil war between the red lanterns" thing. I'd just rather there'd be some kind of tension between Atty and Bleez.

'Twas a solid issue though.

The silhouette during Atty's blood ritual looked a bit like the butcher, methinks that he needs to be found to help remedy the RLs problems.
            -His Divine Majesty King Groot the 23rd, Monarch of Planet X, custodian of the branch worlds, ruler of all he shades, flora colossus.

Comment

The one big retcon was very significant, and does damage to Atrocitus' character. If I'm recalling it right, anyway.

Comment

More damage than becoming a murderous vigilante out to act his own form of vengeance?

Comment

Yep!

Comment

All the giant crap party aside, looks like there's a little nugget for the Indigo storyline here tying back to 'Tygers'. So would it be considered a spoiler?

Looks like what we knew all along, Indigo-1 is the child Abin Sur saved from Ysmault. What a clumsy reveal.

Comment

Most likely. Though the logs imply that she was the ship's pilot. Retcon?

Great minds must think alike; I put the same theory forth in my upcoming review. Of course, we can't be the only ones who'd thought of that.
                      SD80MAC
                      Not a True Fan
                      Last edited by SD80MAC; 04-05-2012, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Boy View Post
                        All the giant crap party aside, looks like there's a little nugget for the Indigo storyline here tying back to 'Tygers'. So would it be considered a spoiler?

Looks like what we knew all along, Indigo-1 is the child Abin Sur saved from Ysmault. What a clumsy reveal.
                        Odd, I thought that theory was denied. Of course, that wouldn't be the first time a theory was denied and turned out to be true, assuming my memory isn't faulty yet again.

Still, while it might be a clumsy reveal, I'll be happy if this turns out to be the case, since I think that makes a lot of sense...

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                          The one big retcon was very significant, and does damage to Atrocitus' character. If I'm recalling it right, anyway.
                          What are you referring to? A big retcon didn't leap out at me, but I confess I might not have been reading it all that closely. I was distracted by the fact that I had no idea what was going on, because, as it turns out, I never finished reading the last issue somehow.

Comment

How the Red Lantern Battery was formed. IIRC, Atrocitus originally built it by killing the other four Inversions. Now, in RL #8, he did so by killing the remainder of his own race.

Comment

Unfortunetely were I buy my comics, #7 hasn't even been stocked yet. RL looks like it's getting better though!
                              Originally posted by IonFan
                              (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                              Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                              If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                              Originally posted by Quaker
                              I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Working...
                              X