GL Villains For Film?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GL Villains For Film?

If you were making a reboot GL movie and could only use one villain, who would it be and why? How would you remake them for the movie universe that will soon be connected to other DC films? Do you prefer Earth bound villains or the space oriented bunch? And who would you use in a sequel?

I would take a chance and use Legion from the Emerald Dawn days, that was originally the plan for a GL movie at some point. I think the enemy is a big enough threat that it would show why something like the GLC is needed. And before anybody gets any flashbacks of Cloudallax, the most of the film would have Legion in his giant yellow armored form. You could still have Sinestro in there, as well as folks like Tomar and Kilowog. Only the first ten to fifteen minutes of the film would be on Earth, and maybe the last five minutes of the movie. I'd also show Atrocitus somewhere on Oa being taken to a Sciencell.

The only time Earth bound villains should show up is in small doses like a villain from the beginning of the Batman: Brave and the Bold cartoon. Show Hal barely breaking a sweat against losers like Sonar and Tattooed Man at the beginning or end of a film. For a sequel to the above Emerald Dawn inspired film, I'd use Atrocitus and the Five Inversions/Empire of Tears. Show the beginning of both the Red Lanterns in the end as well as Sinestro's trial for becoming a dictator somewhere in the middle...

So, what do you guys think? Who would you use?

~KL~

First I'd do what the Incredible Hulk did and recap the basic beginning in the opening credits.

I'd use Kanjar Ro since he's been used in other mediums. Have a first movie with him using alternative technology to command the Manhunters to try and take over different worlds, and having to bring different Lanterns to take him down. At the end Kanjar would be taken down from Hal and [mostly] Sinestro working together; and while being taken away Kanjar would mention to Sinestro that they aren't too different. The ending teaser would reveal the alternative technology came from the Qwardians.

2nd movie would have a time skip, as Hal and Sinestro have become even better buddies, and would be about the Qwardians trying to take over the universe, basically just upping the scale to a massive level. It would take Sinestro and his planet of Kurogar to fully push them back to the anti-universe, but also serves as outing Sinestro as the Dictator he is. Instead of facing trial he leaves and brings his ring to the Qwardians to modify, thinking with their technology and without having to abide to the laws of the Guardians, he could better keep order to both Universes.

3rd movie, with Sinestro leading the Qwardians [keeping the epic scale, but bringing more emotional weight as Hal has to take down Sinestro this time] it would be revealed that they are building a core lantern battery on Qward [that would mass produce yellow rings for the Qwardians and make them impossible to stop], Hal would need assistance from someone who had been to the anti-universe, and grudgingly frees Kanjar Ro from his prison and drags him along with him; this would help bring the trilogy to a full circle with Kanjar Ro helping take down the person that defeated him in the first movie.

Throughout it becomes a big question of who do you trust, as at first the Guardians were to be trusted until the knowledge of the Manhunters comes about; the 2nd movie is about Hal's most trusted friend in the corps Sinestro being somebody else the whole time; and the 3rd is Hal having to trust someone he knows is a terrible person, but it doesn't matter because the ends will justify the means.

Comment

I'd use the Manhunters. A Manhunter invasion of Earth maybe, or just a more generic Manhunter plot. Mind you I'd also like Sinestro, but I'm not sure whether both of the could fit in together.
      Originally posted by IonFan
      (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
      Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
      If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
      Originally posted by Quaker
      I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

I'd also use Legion. Always liked that concept.

I would never, ever use a villain connected in any way to that "emotional spectrum" nonsense. That's what brought the books down, and continues to do so. It's ridiculous. C'mon, it's not like Superman only fights Kryptonians!
        The last fan of 1990s comics
        Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Tattooed Man ftw

Comment

As a Green Lantern Guru,I would not make it fit into other stupid DC movies. My sole purpose would be to make Green Lantern work. Trying to figure out how he plays into some other stupid movie that may or may not gert made is retarded. I am selling Green Lantern to the public,Let WB worry about every body else and what Marvel is doing.

Let's Star Wars this bitch. When George Made Star Wars he started with episode 4 because he did not think it would be the mega hit it was,he took what he thought was the best story point and went with it. I say We use Sinestro. He is the biggest Villian in the GL universe. If this movie is a sucess then we can always go back and do a prequal about his fall from grace.

Marvel is sucessful because tehy don't give up. You don't like Punisher,fine here is Punisher War zone. and I am sure we will see another. You don't like Hulk? Fine here is a new one,still not quite there well here is a new guy playing him in Avengers. Dare Devil sucked? Okay we will try again. DC only has this attitude with Batman and Superman. They deserve tier failures.
            Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

If I say I'd use Sinestro as leader of the Manhunters would that be cheating?? If so, then have him lead an invasion from the anti-matter universe leading the Qwardians. Movies like this can live or die on the quality of the villain and I am not sure that GL really has any villain nearly as interesting. (I considered the Anti-Monitor, but that dude has zero personality)

I would keep it space-centric (except for maybe a sequence in the beginning) as a way to keep it separate from the other DC films.... OR if Manhunters can be used, I'd have one crash on earth somehow then at the end have Lex Luthor find it and eventually use it as the basis of his armor.

Comment

The Lamplighter! GL's most dangerous foe!

Or maybe the Aerialist! Or the Crumbler!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Targaryen View Post
                  The Lamplighter! GL's most dangerous foe!

Or maybe the Aerialist! Or the Crumbler!

Comment

Still better than Geoff Johns villains!
                    The last fan of 1990s comics
                    Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

The Javelin!

I kind of like Deadpool's idea with a Manhunter invasion, but with the Anti-Monitor leading the charge a la GL: the Animated Series... and the Anti-Monitor can't be a damn cloud.

Comment

Sounds like a good idea actually silent. Maybe the Anti-Monitor could become a recurring villain.
                        Originally posted by IonFan
                        (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                        Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                        If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                        Originally posted by Quaker
                        I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

They would have to use SINESTRO. I know it's like the popular thing now for superhero movies to wait to introduce the hero's main villain in the sequel and the GL clearly set that up, but obviously they aren't gonna continue that story. So if and when they decide to do another Green Lantern movie they should definitely use Sinestro and his corps.
                          Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                            FUCK YEAH!!!

That's money in the BANK right there!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
                              The Javelin!

What a mort of the month he was! Sadly though, I've almost pulled the trigger on more than one occasion to buy a javelin custom figure on ebay.

Comment

Working...
                              X