Heroes in Crisis Thread (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
    They pushed it back to the 31st a few weeks ago.
    Thanks. I should've just checked previews for next week, but I always like to do that on Sunday because that's when it shifts to current.

Comment

Poison Ivy being among the fallen REALLY makes it look like Booster... but the way Commander Steel was killed made it seem like HQ.

Anybody else surprised at Batman telling Supes and WW a bold faced lie? Aside from Harley getting the drop on the big three.... it was cool when she basically showed Batman was a liar...

All things considered, Ivy will likely return again... with green skin and ties to the Green as Swamp Thing basically predicted over in the DAMAGE series.

Comment

Originally posted by Ωmega Man View Post
        . . . Aside from Harley getting the drop on the big three...]
        I'm Harley fan and I thought her escaping the trinity was ridiculous.

Comment

They aren't really going to go through with that horsesh#t about Ivy taking over for Holland as the new Swamp Thing are they? Didn't they learn from the disaster that was the Tefe series?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
            They aren't really going to go through with that horsesh#t about Ivy taking over for Holland as the new Swamp Thing are they? Didn't they learn from the disaster that was the Tefe series?
            I can't remember what was said exactly without digging up the issue of Damage. Basically we see green skinned Ivy working with Grodd until she snaps out of it and goes to normal skin tone Ivy and shows signs of not *really* being a badguy. After she and Grodd part ways and Damage headbutts the big ape, Swamp Thing shows up and talks about how the Green really wants Ivy because he's not bending completely to the Green in whatever way. He's not doing something, and they basically want her to do it. I'm guessing when plants try to take over it will be a Green powered Ivy with green skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
              I'm Harley fan and I thought her escaping the trinity was ridiculous.
              Yeah, that's so not how superspeed works.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                Yeah, that's so not how superspeed works.
                I'll assume that's sarcasm and admit I don't remember that. Why'd she have super speed? I thought her whole upper hand was in getting the Golden Perfect.

Comment

She doesn't have super speed. That's the point. Clark wants to use superspeed to disarm her. Diana tells him not to do it, Harley would kill Batman before Clark had reached them. Which is downright moronic. By the time Diana finishes the sentence, Clark should have had the whole scene wrapped already.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                    She doesn't have super speed. That's the point. Clark wants to use superspeed to disarm her. Diana tells him not to do it, Harley would kill Batman before Clark had reached them. Which is downright moronic. By the time Diana finishes the sentence, Clark should have had the whole scene wrapped already.
                    Yep. I wasn't sure if I suppressed something there. It's pretty ridiculous that Harley even got the lasso. If Diana is that careless with it, she should be losing it all the time, especially against more impressive enemies like Cheetah.

Comment

It was like they were trying hard to sell her as an A-list fighter on the level of Batman, which really doesn't make any sense at all, not a good start with this series, probably the weakest I've seen from King so far...
                      http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

It was the podcast War Rocket Ajax that compared the Harley/Trinity fight to Deathstroke single-handedly defeating the whole fucking Justice League in Identity Crisis without breaking a sweat, and they're not wrong.

This is overpowering a character at the expense of any possible suspension of disbelief. And it's not like Harley needs that boost at this stage.

Comment

I don't think HQ overpowered the Trinity in any way, rather she just caught them off guard and the odds were in her favor thanks to Batman's paranoia.

Imagine for a second that you have the power of Superman or WW and a powerless goon of another criminal is in the same room with you. Are you gonna worry about anything this goon might do if you're that powerful? Batman, the weakest member of the Trinity physically, doesn't even worry about this chick.... so why would Superman or WW?

They were simply caught off guard. None of them can read minds, and nobody was expecting her to try and get the drop on the three of them. Which is exactly why she was able to make it happen.

Superman not being fast enough to save Batman isn't what bothered me either. It's the plain and simple fact Supes has more than that in his arsenal and he used NONE of it. Heat vision to her hands would've made her drop the lasso. Super breath could've put her through a wall. Ice breath could've froze her in place. I blame it on Tom King not writing Superman enough.

Comment

Doesn't he write the Walmart Superman book though?

This should have been caught by an editor.

Comment

I'm not familiar with them, but are they even considered cannon? I might have to look into getting some of them if they're reader friendly for my 9 year old....

Last thing I wanna see though is Ultraman snorting Kryptonite like cocaine... it's the whole reason my son can't read Forever Evil.

EDIT: I was JUST thinking, what would the Kryptonite ring or shard HQ took from Batman be worth? If she sold it could she disappear to some island somewhere?

Ωmega Man
                              Guardian of the Universe
                              Last edited by Ωmega Man; 11-17-2018, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Issue #3 is out and DAAAAAAAMN.

S
                                P
                                O
                                I
                                L
                                E
                                R
                                S

This issue we legit see HQ club the shocked Wally/Flash while he's holding the dead Roy in his arms. We also see into how Sanctuary gives the heroes and villains treatment. In this issue we also get more info on the rest of the bodies and a little shocker that even the patients wear the white robes/hoods and gold masks to have anonymity.

So... among the dead so far we've got [assuming all the people on the last page are in fact victims and not just red herrings]....

Arsenal
                                Flash (Wally)
                                Blue Jay
                                Hot Spot
                                Lagoon Boy
                                Commander Steel
                                Gunfire
                                Tattooed Man II
                                Gnarkk
                                Red Devil
                                Protector (barely a Titans member, stand in for Robin in the 80's commercials he originally appeared in...)
                                Poison Ivy
                                Solstice
                                Nemesis

That's already 14 bodies and we know there's still a GL yet to be identified. So some of the people in robes in issue #1 seen from Superman's aerial POV were in fact patients or there were just more off panel. There's MORE than 13 victims... and man... some of these are so 5th and 6th string I'm not even a fan [looking at Gunfire and Protector...].

EDIT: Also, I'm betting HQ isn't the only one guilty of murdering the people at Sanctuary. The way Lagoon Boy was killed and the way Wally was killed what seemed moments after.... just seemed a little too different.

Ωmega Man
                                Guardian of the Universe
                                Last edited by Ωmega Man; 11-28-2018, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X