No announcement yet.

Scanning for replacement sentients....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scanning for replacement sentients....

Our numbers are getting as scarce as the GLC in Edge of Oblivion. What can we do?

~//V\\~

I wouldn't stress over it (not that I believe you're seriously stressing). As I'm sure we all know, the lack of activity ultimately comes down to a lack of interest in the forum's subject matter, and that is an issue only DC Comics and Warner Bros. can really solve. Anything members or the administration could/would do to raise activity would likely only bring marginal and short lived results.

The only thing in the foreseeable future that I can see really raising Green Lantern's profile substantially is the Green Lantern Corps film, which is years off, and something that I'm not convinced will even happen.
    I'm not all that confident in Green Lantern where comics (or anything else) are concerned.
    Star-Lantern
    Weaponer of Qward
    Last edited by Star-Lantern; 02-05-2018, 08:17 PM.
    ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Originally posted by Star-Lantern View Post
      I wouldn't stress over it (not that I believe you're seriously stressing). As I'm sure we all know, the lack of activity ultimately comes down to a lack of interest in the forum's subject matter, and that is an issue only DC Comics and Warner Bros. can really solve. Anything members or the administration could/would do to raise activity would likely only bring marginal and short lived results...
      Agreed. Anything gimmicky is just going to spark short renewals or bring off-topic stuff.

Anyway, I'm probably here til they turn the lights off.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
        Agreed. Anything gimmicky is just going to spark short renewals or bring off-topic stuff.

Anyway, I'm probably here til they turn the lights off.

I don't mind the small numbers too much since this is a group of knowledgeable fans. So I say to the GLCMB that it doesn't matter how bad things get :

Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

I'm a pretty quiet guy so I don't always comment, but I try.

I'm here pretty much daily but you might never know it

Comment

I've been on this board for almost 10 years, i'm older now, we all are. I doubt people have the time to sit on the boards like we were a few years ago.

Comment

Message boards in general are declining. Even Facebook is declining.

Comment

My new job gives me a lot less time to frequent the forum, though I am here every day. My love for comics being strangled like a kitten in a river doesn't help; or the way I feel about the current state of the GL franchise. I honestly don't think activity here will improve until people are interested in and enjoying Green Lantern again. We really got spoiled from 2005 to 2010.

Comment

1st i'll Make Kyle Great Again THEN i'll work on Making GLCMB Great Again ok

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

You get right on that Ion.

Comment

don't worry Dave i'm trying my best

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Still here. Still old. And getting crankier. Not the first lull I've waited out for will power to shine brightly again. If Dave's in, I'm in.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

Hal & GLC is getting "standard" stories now, that can make the sales numbers drop.

Green Lanterns, uh, eh, ah, I dunno why. Maybe because the writers have exhausted all the "new ringslingers" stories possible with the pair? Which is why they should have done such exploration with the GLC new members. We never should have had the last two Earth/human GLs.

Comment

Working...
                          X