This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pryko View Post
    Having properly inspected this now, I have another question regarding it.

Volume 4 lists GLC: Recharge as bein GLC issues 1-5 and To Be A Green Lantern is GLC issues 1-6. Are these different GLC comics?
    Yes. Recharge was a miniseries that was released before the ongoing Green Lantern Corps series debuted.

Comment

Originally posted by pryko View Post
      Having properly inspected this now, I have another question regarding it.

Volume 4 lists GLC: Recharge as bein GLC issues 1-5 and To Be A Green Lantern is GLC issues 1-6. Are these different GLC comics?
      W. West is right. Thanks for pointing it out though, I can try to clarify this so it isn't as confusing.

EDIT: Added under Volume 5 Red Lanterns and release dates for Green Lantern Corps and New Guardians.
      Ch'psAcorn
      Sinestro's Sparring Partner
      Last edited by Ch'psAcorn; 07-17-2012, 09:44 PM.
      COLLECTED EDITIONS READING ORDER LISTS

Comment

Ah, nice to see a comprehensive list to fill in the blanks I've missed over the years. I think I'm going to love these boards.
        Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Thanks so much for the list!
          This has helped me so much in gettin stuck into the Green Lantern world.

Just a quick question, where does the 2 issue Guy Gardner story Collatoral Damage fit? I thought it was around Ion somewhere?

Also in the New 52, do you think the #0 comics will be collected in the future? Either all together or as part of their individual continuity? Can't seem to find any info about it online.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by boshbright View Post
            ...Also in the New 52, do you think the #0 comics will be collected in the future? Either all together or as part of their individual continuity? Can't seem to find any info about it online...
            DC to collect September’s ‘zero’ issues into one giant omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by boshbright View Post
              Thanks so much for the list!
              This has helped me so much in gettin stuck into the Green Lantern world.

Just a quick question, where does the 2 issue Guy Gardner story Collatoral Damage fit? I thought it was around Ion somewhere?

Also in the New 52, do you think the #0 comics will be collected in the future? Either all together or as part of their individual continuity? Can't seem to find any info about it online.

Thanks
              I would put it around Infinite Crisis probably after but I don't recall the state of Rann and Thanagar around that time.

Comment

Day of Judgement

On 4/2/13 Day of Judgement will be collected into a TPB...that should be thrown in before Rebirth

Comment

Should it? The one issue of GL (#118) that had the Day of Judgment banner isn't collected in this edition. And I'm legitimately asking because I've never read Day of Judgment, just going by what's collected, it doesn't seem like a great fit on a reading order list.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                    Should it? The one issue of GL (#118) that had the Day of Judgment banner isn't collected in this edition. And I'm legitimately asking because I've never read Day of Judgment, just going by what's collected, it doesn't seem like a great fit on a reading order list.
                    Well it's got to be in there somewhere its when Hal Jordan becomes The Spectre. Without it, Hal just randomly shows up as the Spectre in Rebirth. I'm not saying it should be directly before Rebirth, but it definitely fits in somewhere before it, but that is for better minds than mine to figure out where.

Comment

Originally posted by GLAustieBear View Post
                      Well it's got to be in there somewhere its when Hal Jordan becomes The Spectre. Without it, Hal just randomly shows up as the Spectre in Rebirth. I'm not saying it should be directly before Rebirth, but it definitely fits in somewhere before it, but that is for better minds than mine to figure out where.
                      Even if GL #118 is missing, you'd put it right between these two trades:

Green Lantern: Emerald Knights (GL 99-106)
                      -> Day of Judgement (the missing GL #118)
                      Green Lantern #119 (Hal already is the Spectre)
                      Green Lantern: New Journey, Old Path (GL 129-136)

It's a shame #118 (and #119) is missing. I'll probably get it from ebay or my favorite comic shop (if they have it).
                      SocializingMogo
                      Corps Honor Guard
                      Last edited by SocializingMogo; 04-16-2013, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Just started reading volume 4, just planned on reading the GL stuff and then maybe coming back through reading the rest like GLC, etc. or will I miss too much to know what's going on if I skip any?

Comment

I think War of the Green Lanterns is a GL / GLC crossover.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipp6107 View Post
                            Just started reading volume 4, just planned on reading the GL stuff and then maybe coming back through reading the rest like GLC, etc. or will I miss too much to know what's going on if I skip any?
                            You should be fine until post-Blackest Night. Like the previous user said, War of the Green Lanterns is a crossover between GL, GLC and Emerald Warriors. But I'd suggest reading GLC as you go with GL. At times, its the far better comic and spotlights a lot more characters than GL.

Comment

You should also keep in mind that some titles already went OOP like The Dark Side of Green. Get them while they're still cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by SocializingMogo View Post
                                You should also keep in mind that some titles already went OOP like The Dark Side of Green. Get them while they're still cheap.
                                Do you know what issues are OOP?

If anybody gets Day of Judgment and think it should be added, let me know. I know its when Hal becomes the Spectre and if it includes that then it should probably she be included.
                                COLLECTED EDITIONS READING ORDER LISTS

Comment

Working...
                                X