No announcement yet.

The Kaiju thread (Godzilla and friends)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed FINAL WARS to the extent that it was something of a Homage to the Showa era of Godzilla films, but yeah the human/alien scenes really slow it down. Loved Rodan in New York!

Comment

Even the most kaiju-heavy movies probably still have more human on-screen time. I think a two-hour brawl would get boring too. Need the setup.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
          Even the most kaiju-heavy movies probably still have more human on-screen time. I think a two-hour brawl would get boring too. Need the setup.
          Final Wars' human screen time just seemed to really drag alot, and this is coming from a guy who really likes 'Monster Zero'. I don't mind it, but for the "final" Godzilla movie for a good long while, the human screen time just seemed a bit excessive, with the battles between humans vs. aliens more of the focal point.

Comment

Yo.

as much as I wuv a rampagin' Godzilla, I'll always be a fan of this guy:

JET JAGUAR FTMFW!!!

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
            Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

+ YouTube Video
              ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

Ok I'm finally chiming in on this thread

Godzilla vs Megalon will be released on Blu-ray and DVD November 22, 2011 from Tokyo Shock.

Comment

Godzilla Legends comic cover by Art Adams.

Sorry on the size.

Comment

Originally posted by Godmera View Post
                    Godzilla vs Megalon will be released on Blu-ray and DVD November 22, 2011 from Tokyo Shock.
                    About time. Thanks for the 411.

Comment

Anyone know a good Web site for kaiju, especially one with information on the different monsters?
                      I really only know about ten by name and I want to know more.

Comment

Been reading both IDW Godzilla books. They're a bit expensive ($4, standard for IDW), but fun. I like this one---the ongoing (Kingdom of Monsters)---but the limited "Gangsters and Goliaths" is even cooler and works with current continuity. It finishes next month.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post

Been reading both IDW Godzilla books. They're a bit expensive ($4, standard for IDW), but fun. I like this one---the ongoing (Kingdom of Monsters)---but the limited "Gangsters and Goliaths" is even cooler and works with current continuity. It finishes next month.
                          Godzilla Legends will take the place of Gangsters and Goliaths when it ends.

Godmera
                          Champion of the World
                          Last edited by Godmera; 10-04-2011, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Ah, good. I prefer the original continuity.

I may start getting Kingdom in TPB to save some $$ (which could eventually go to kaiju DVDs ).

Comment

Just watched Godzilla Raids Again (1955) the first sequel (to Godzilla/Gojira). It's pretty much as good as the first but adds to that a nice scene of Osaku rebuilding itself (which feels more poignant since the tsunami) and the first monster battle: Godzilla (here called Gigantus) vs. Anguirus (a favorite of mine).

Comment

Godzilla Raids Again certainly has had quite a strange life over here in the States. First it was going to be a film titled, "The Volcano Monsters" that would have ignored anything related to Gojira/Godzilla: King of the Monsters, THEN it was turned into Gigantis: The Fire Monster where it was clearly a continuation of Godzilla, right down to actual footage of that film being used, though inexplicably it's STILL called 'Gigantis'.

Years later, it finally gets a VHS release (I only know of the GoodTimes version, which is the one I have) where the box has Godzilla Raids Again, though the film retains the 'Gigantis' title, and now thanks to the Classic Media release, the film FINALLY has the Godzilla Raids Again title.

Comment

Working...
                                X