DC Direct official site update!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Direct official site update!!!

Green Lantern Series 3 has been added to the site.

http://dccomics.com/dcdirect/?cat=JU...OUNCED&lst=new

Looks like July 9th is the official date they go on sale. Only every other GL and DC Direct series have five figures in each wave. Why are there only four???

Edit: Oops! Sorry for the new thread I should have posted a reply in the other GL Series 3 thread.

I believe DCD's new direction is to do four figures per wave now. That's how they've been soliciting them for a while. There are some cost cutting reasons for it. Shipping and packing was one thing. Dragging the lines out longer was another.

As for this line, they look great, and if they'd just replace that lame and pointless Batman figure with something worthwhile, it'd be great. At least they chucked the idea of repackaging the Rebirth Hal with that lame armor he wore in one panel...talk about cheap!

Comment

I think bat lantern is a good concept figure b/c beleive it or not there are batman fans that are GL fans and vice versa, so why not market to both of them, I personally can't wait to get this line i think I'm going to order the case

Comment

Funny you say that, i just started reading Batman again after a many-year-long absence. I stopped reading it right after Knightsend, and didn't pick up an issue till this Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul storyline started. I might have to do some deep dives in my pockets as well as the back issue bins because I like it so far.

And yes, i will buy the Bat-Lantern Figure

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
          I believe DCD's new direction is to do four figures per wave now. That's how they've been soliciting them for a while. There are some cost cutting reasons for it. Shipping and packing was one thing. Dragging the lines out longer was another.

As for this line, they look great, and if they'd just replace that lame and pointless Batman figure with something worthwhile, it'd be great. At least they chucked the idea of repackaging the Rebirth Hal with that lame armor he wore in one panel...talk about cheap!
          Yes it is but now how long until that Proto-type shows up on eBay for thousands of dollars?
          My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

They shoulda just had Henshaw giving us the middle finger...
            sigpic
            Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Originally posted by GLJIMT View Post
              Yes it is but now how long until that Proto-type shows up on eBay for thousands of dollars?
              Ugghh...it'll problably happen too. Reminds me of that mythic final wave of Super Powers figures that never came out. Fans are STILL talking about it!

As for Batman, I dropped that book when 10 Nights Of The Beast arc finished...which was uh, some time ago. I don't hate the character or anything, I just don't see the appeal in producing a figure that appeared on one page of an actual comic book. Figures from DCD should be something special that DESERVE to be immortalized in plastic!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
                Ugghh...it'll problably happen too. Reminds me of that mythic final wave of Super Powers figures that never came out. Fans are STILL talking about it!

As for Batman, I dropped that book when 10 Nights Of The Beast arc finished...which was uh, some time ago. I don't hate the character or anything, I just don't see the appeal in producing a figure that appeared on one page of an actual comic book. Figures from DCD should be something special that DESERVE to be immortalized in plastic!
                But I know you'll still buy it. and hey DCD figured out a way to get a SuperBat into the GL Wave (Henshaw/Bats)
                My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

I'll be getting the whole wave in multiples.
                  1 Henshaw
                  3 Bat-Lanterns (one to keep in the box, the others to customize)
                  2 Sinestros (so I can make another Sinestrian, maybe Amon)
                  2 Star Sapphires (the second to make Cowgirl).

Comment

But I know you'll still buy it. and hey DCD figured out a way to get a SuperBat into the GL Wave (Henshaw/Bats)
                    A SuperBat? Don't you mean a Bat Lantern? Anyway, all they need to do now is release that Last Son of Earth Superman - SuperLantern. oh, and kill Hal and let WW have his ring in a dream or something...then release that fig.
                    sigpic

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post
                      A SuperBat? Don't you mean a Bat Lantern? Anyway, all they need to do now is release that Last Son of Earth Superman - SuperLantern. oh, and kill Hal and let WW have his ring in a dream or something...then release that fig.
                      SuperBat is the term used for the overproduction of Sups and Bats merch with disregard to everyone else

yes it is a BatLantern fig

but there is a Batman and a Superman fig in this wave therefore there is a SuperBat in this wave
                      My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

with the way they are working Henshaw I think of him as more DCU then super

Comment

The GL-bats is awesome, just told my wife it has to be my anniversary present! HEHE.... good thing she loves me,

Comment

Originally posted by Lishego View Post
                            The GL-bats is awesome, just told my wife it has to be my anniversary present! HEHE.... good thing she loves me,
                            lucky you!!

Comment

SuperBat is the term used for the overproduction of Sups and Bats merch with disregard to everyone else

yes it is a BatLantern fig

but there is a Batman and a Superman fig in this wave therefore there is a SuperBat in this wave
                              I got ya. Personally I think they should have released someone other than "BatLantern". Amon would have been cool, seeing as how he was kinda the first SinCorp member we saw. But I think we should have seen Arisia in there, 2 girls 2 guys.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X