Kyle as the White Lantern...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle as the White Lantern...

Ok OK...I know alot of people were fighting for Kyle to be a Blue Lantern but he has been host to both Ion and Paralax and I think he be a good option...hear me out:
    -Kyle is always a bit of a loner, thats what made him so great. he was different and learned on his own as the last GreenLantern. as the one and only White Lantern we could get that back while we go over what the white light is.
    -He feels a broader range of emotions than Hal or John..Fear, Will, Love, Compasion, Rage...Hes more rounded for that story.
    -Hes an Artist..Hes born to create...White light..Create...White Light Create..lol
    -He could finnaly have a Good Uniform! lol
    TorchBearer - BlueLantern Corps

He could bring back Alex.

So long as the crab-mask didn't turn white as well and it was something simple like Sinestro's I might buy it. But I think Blue just made more sense. Really, he can project light still and bring people back from the dead, who is HE to decide shit like that? I don't think he'd take the job unless he had to bring people back to keep Nekron locked away or something....

Could be interesting, but if it was ever done I'm sure the execution wouldn't be as grand.

~KL~

Comment

He is certified to do it. He has died. Idk what to think about this.

Comment

I think Kyle is more suited to be a Blue Lantern, just think his personality is more geared towards hope

Comment

See this is just getting silly....
          I fully understand your points. They're perfectly logical. My problem lies with the fact that these points are what make Kyle a good Green Lantern. The creation of the White Lantern Corps has seemingly depowered all the other corps. Geoff Johns has just created a more powerful corps, to fight the other powerful corps he created to keep the original Green Corps and their newly acquired/equally powered cronies busy.

Why does it seem that being a Green Lantern no longer suffices?
          "Don't disturb my circles."

Comment

I think what it is mainly, is the fact Kyle was always more than an average GL from his first appearance. Then they made him Ion and then took it away to continue the whole emotional entity BS. But to further put salt in the wound Hal gets to wield damn near every ring wether it was a good piece of the overall story or not. Guy makes a better Red than Hal ever thought about being. Kyle in my opionion would have made a better Blue or Black [as long as he returned to the land of the living]. But it's been all about Hal now for YEARS while the other Earth Lanterns take the backseat.

Kyle would make a good White or Blue. I think TPTB just don't want anybody even coming close to outshining the great Hal Jordan. They brought back Hal and Barry, and in a few years if they don't push Kyle or Wally or somebody else more new characters will be created to flood the franchises and put our other favorites even more in the background.

~KL~

Comment

i think kyles gonna get a blue ring

Comment

~KL~

Comment

Kyle should have been kept as Ion.
                  The story had so much potential.
                  "Don't disturb my circles."

Comment

Originally posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
                    I think what it is mainly, is the fact Kyle was always more than an average GL from his first appearance. Then they made him Ion and then took it away to continue the whole emotional entity BS. But to further put salt in the wound Hal gets to wield damn near every ring wether it was a good piece of the overall story or not. Guy makes a better Red than Hal ever thought about being. Kyle in my opionion would have made a better Blue or Black [as long as he returned to the land of the living]. But it's been all about Hal now for YEARS while the other Earth Lanterns take the backseat.

Kyle would make a good White or Blue. I think TPTB just don't want anybody even coming close to outshining the great Hal Jordan. They brought back Hal and Barry, and in a few years if they don't push Kyle or Wally or somebody else more new characters will be created to flood the franchises and put our other favorites even more in the background.

~KL~
                    I'm sorry that is just flawed logic in my opinion. It is just your need that Kyle has to be different or stand out constantly. Kyle was the only GL based on circumstance. He had more of a burden to carry than any other GL because of it, but as far as his talent as GL goes, Kyle was probably below average when he first started, because he had no training and was not chosen because of his willpower & ability to overcome great fear. It took him time to grow into the lantern he is now. Guy was a good red because it would seem anger is more part of his make-up and he was used to using it to supplement his will all along.
                    "My mind is deluged with thoughts of Heaven and Hell,
                    Crime and Punishment, Damnation and Redemption. Hal
                    Jordan... And The Spectre.

I'm dead, yet I live. I have no identity. Yet I know
                    who I am. And once again I've been given power enough
                    to change the world. This time, Lord...
                    Let me be worthy."

Comment

How's it flawed logic exactly?

Up until the end of Sinestro Corps Kyle was in fact more than the average Lantern. Even when he was sporting the Lee/Ion symbol it was retconned he probably had Ion already growing inside him [it's never been clearly resolved how long Ion was there, but the symbol was and the power was there before he gave the most of it back].

He had no 24 hour limit or yellow weakness. Then he became Ion 1.0. Then he upgraded his ring and sported what's now the Ion symbol. Then he became Ion 2.0. Then Parallax 2.0.

He's always been more than the average Lantern but now the show is all about Hal. I'm still hoping Kyle just becomes Ion again. He deserves more than just being background furniture in a team title.

~KL~

Comment

Originally posted by ion.nai View Post
                        See this is just getting silly....
                        I fully understand your points. They're perfectly logical. My problem lies with the fact that these points are what make Kyle a good Green Lantern. The creation of the White Lantern Corps has seemingly depowered all the other corps. Geoff Johns has just created a more powerful corps, to fight the other powerful corps he created to keep the original Green Corps and their newly acquired/equally powered cronies busy.

Why does it seem that being a Green Lantern no longer suffices?
                        I think if the creation of the WLC had depowered the other corps', it would have been stated in BN 8, I really have no idea where you got that idea from.

Comment

Your last sentence proves my point essentially. You feel that Kyle deserves to stand out, to be special, thus you look for different roles for him so he can do that. If your Kyle has always been above average point refers to just since the Corps was recreated, then you are correct. But so has Guy, John and Kilowog. Kyle as Ion I was amazing, probably the best Kyle has ever been. Ion II was essentially a much watered-down character too, at least as far as power went. If Kyle had stayed Ion II, that would have been enjoyable. I just don't see why Kyle always has to stand out so much to satisfy a certain % of Kyle fans. Kyle standing out to tell a good story, for a good reason? I'm all for that. Kyle standing out just to appease people who can't get over that he isn't the only GL any more? Not so much.

Let me be worthy."

Comment

I was over him being the only GL since Emerald Knights in issue #100-106 of Kyle's series. I looked forward to John doing something with the energy he got from Parallax. I just want Kyle above average because he's always been that way and now it's like every character has been dumbed down to build Hal up. Aside from Hal being given every possible decent plot point everybody else has only had 1 or 2 good moments, but that doesn't make them good characters under Geoff's 4th Reich. Hal wielded almost every ring out there and every Corps was introduced in HIS series. It's a slap in the face to the rest of the GLC.

But I'm done with this Hal vs Kyle conversation. I think Kyle would make a good white or blue Lantern. You don't. It's all good....

~KL~

Comment

I see some of your points, don't get me wrong. And to me, it wasn't really a Hal vs. Kyle debate in the truest sense, since I like both of them.

I don't have a problem if Kyle went blue or white actually. It is just that need to stand out that gets me going sometimes. LOL

Let me be worthy."

Comment

Working...
                              X