No announcement yet.

What Book Are You Reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One day I need to get a copy of that myself.
    Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Yo.

I (happily!!) stumbled across this after I got home last nite, and now I'm considering pausing wat I'm going thru atm just to indulge myself in something Ive been looking forward to:

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
      Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Yo.

had a lucky find a few days ago when I found out the following LN has a good number of volumes released in epub -format:

I'm on vol #9 atm, which will likely be part of the 2nd season of the anime (saying it gets one....); its been pretty fun so far.

Tazer

Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Picked up the "Let The Galaxy Burn" anthology from Black Library (eBay technically, got it for $4, free s/h) detailing a whole load of Space Marine shenanigans printed years ago (including the notorious C.S. Goto).

I'm not especially far into the tome yet (38 short stories, totaling ~768 pages) but I have to really tip my hat to Robert Earle for his short "Angels," in which an old man in his last days recounts being a young boy on a world akin to Middle Ages England that's attacked by feral orks. It has this incredibly ominous atmosphere and then the nighttime attack, the Space Marines' intervention, and then the rather moving ending with the old man noting he'll die soon and see the angels again. Phenomenal story.

Comment

• Totally Tubular '80s Toys
            by Mark Bellomo

Finally got to and enjoyed this book that the author signed and gave to me at a local convention. I'd seen him in the Netflix series The Toys that Made Us, struck up a conversation and he gave me this. Fun read.
            Space Cop
            The Dandy
            Last edited by Space Cop; 08-21-2019, 03:13 PM.

Comment

• 31 Fairly Obscure Literary Monsters

Comment

• Vinyl Conflict: The World of Godzilla Toys: The Mark Livolsi Collection
                by Peerkaboo Gallery

Yeah, this is technically a catalogue for an auction of Godzilla toys taking place this weekend, but it is a true book (and sold as such) at 300 pages with introductions, write-ups, and a foreword.
                Space Cop
                The Dandy
                Last edited by Space Cop; 08-21-2019, 03:13 PM.

Comment

• Yo.

came across the 1st 6 books of the following in audio -format:

.....and if yur into post apoc/ SHTF -type stories, and set in Europe, then I say give it a try.

Tazer

Comment

• From Russia with Love
                    by Ian Fleming

(different cover, though I like this one)
                    Space Cop
                    The Dandy
                    Last edited by Space Cop; 08-21-2019, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• There are currently about 195 linear meters of books in this house. From the books of quotations, etymology, and dictionaries immediately in of me to the wall of cookbooks in the family room, from the shelves of knitting and travel volumes to Sir Richard Burton’s translation of the Arabian Nights - there is very little that is not covered here somewhere. There are shelves for philosophy, for biography, many shelves for technology textbooks (kisslightnovels) and many, many shelves of fiction. We don’t read “a kind of book”: we read anything that looks interesting. A well-populated mind is the greatest advantage that you can have.

Comment

• The Story of the SS: Hitler's Infamous Legions of Death
                        by Nigel Cawthorne
                        Originally posted by markwood007788 View Post

There are currently about 195 linear meters of books in this house. From the books of quotations, etymology, and dictionaries immediately in of me to the wall of cookbooks in the family room, from the shelves of knitting and travel volumes to Sir Richard Burton’s translation of the Arabian Nights - there is very little that is not covered here somewhere. There are shelves for philosophy, for biography, many shelves for technology textbooks (kisslightnovels) and many, many shelves of fiction. We don’t read “a kind of book”: we read anything that looks interesting. A well-populated mind is the greatest advantage that you can have.
                        Okay. I think I already have more books in my personal library (especially when I add in those full collections on Kindle) than I could get to in my life unless I gave up every other form of entertainment. Yet I keep buying more. I wish I read faster and more. Since I've been keeping track, I think my best year was 2018 with 32 complete books (not including ones I read in part).

Comment

• After tracking down my last entry in this thread, here's what I've read since, in descending order:

Jeff
                          Guardian of the Universe
                          Last edited by Jeff; 09-05-2019, 04:59 AM. Reason: rather not stretch the board out

Comment

• Having shared that, I have to say the Tide series was extremely enjoyable since it was part of my life for more than a few days. 10 novels. End of the world apocalypse/military/monsters type of stuff that you can see outlines of the Walking Dead in, but this story comes to a satisfying conclusion. No zombies, but "skulls, droolers, goliaths, hybrids, and titans" plus the evil mastermind behind it all. The best way to describe reading one of the books is revving up a 4 wheeler, riding it across the world and back, then sit down for a minute before you do the same thing all over, hitting new and exotic places. Strongly recommended for those who like the aforementioned genres of fiction.

Comment

• Doctor No
                              by Ian Fleming

(and that is the book I actually read those three from though the dust jacket was missing when I bought it)

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                              After tracking down my last entry in this thread, here's what I've read since, in descending order...
                              I take it you keep track of them for something other than this site. Is that from an app or do you paste all the pictures in?
                              Space Cop
                              The Dandy
                              Last edited by Space Cop; 09-18-2019, 03:35 AM.

Comment

• Yo.

interesting book, but I find the MC less-than-likeable, and am more concerned with how he'll change the new realm he's landed in......

Tazer

Comment

Working...
                                X