• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Mad_Dragon View Post
    THE KAMA SUTRA!
    My instruction manual??
    I Make my Own T-Shirts

Comment

Originally posted by Mycroft View Post
      "The Adventure of the Illustrious Client".
      Ah, one of my favorites; good choice.

Comment

I also wanted to add I am also reading "Man's Search For Meaning" by Victor Frankl. It was his story of how no matter what life throws at you, you can still define who you are as a person in your heart and soul.

He learned this first hand during his time in a concentration camp. A very, very good read.

Comment

Re-reading Watchmen for a bookclub.

Comment

The History of Australia and New Zealand from 1606 to 1890 by Alexander and George Sutherland

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
              One, I'd have to sit at my desktop computer and read it off the screen, because I don't have anything more portable to view it on (and originally they didn't even offer them in a format that worked with portable viewers- that may have changed by now).

Two, when you go to purchase an "e-book", they don't tell you a page count. Most of these were 75-pages or less, even if it required breaking a story into 3 or 4 parts to make each one that short. Mighty deceptive if you ask me, since that makes them more of an "e-short-story", which was not, IMHO, worth the price they were charging, considering that most of their novels are around 300+ pages these days. "E-books" should cost LESS per page to produce, not MORE, given the lack of printing costs, and the inconvenience of the format to many of their readers...

Agreed, with the exception of iphones being able to handle ebooks pretty well. Hopefully sometime in the future we will see something similar to Lulu in the way of bringing publishing to the masses with ebooks. 99 Cents per book is something i could get being, with a majority of the money going directly to the author and a small portion going to the online repository. That would be a 180 degree turn from the way authors are treated by publishers.

Comment

Well, as with the last update, print-wise, I'm still working on Resident Evil: Nemesis. Audiobook-wise, I just finished up Gregory Magurie's A Lion Among Men (which as it was the first time I've listened to it and because of today, I will forever associate it with the Obama inauguration).

Overall, I liked it; definitely a stronger installment than the previous volume, Son of a Witch. Ties up a lot of the loose ends seeded in Wicked and Son of a Witch while leaving the door open for at least one outing from Maguire. So, with my audio-book 'readings' of the Wicked Cycle complete, I'll be embarking tomorrow morning of a 're-reading' of the Harry Potter audiobooks, which I haven't touched in a year and a half.

Comment

How are the HP audiobooks? I keep hearing good things about them, but I just can't see myself actually listening to that story...

Comment

They're quite good; the American editions are narrated by Jim Dale, who's performances are actually more memorable than the entire cast of the live-action films...

Comment

Stephen King - The Eyes of the Dragon.

Comment

Originally posted by myuserid View Post
                        Stephen King - The Eyes of the Dragon.

Read this close to a decade ago. Found it to be really enjoyable. I was told he wrote it for his daughter.

currently reading:
                        Halting State - Charles Stross
                        "Don't disturb my circles."

Comment

currently, Obsidian Butterfly

Anita travels to New Mexico to investigate a series of supernatural attacks as a favor to her long-time friend, the assassin Edward. In the course of that investigation, Anita picks up many clues as to the enigmatic Edward's life and past, comes in contact with an alleged Aztec god, and attempts, as always, to sort out her own relationship with Jean-Claude and Richard.
                          M

Comment

Originally posted by ion.nai View Post
                            Read this close to a decade ago. Found it to be really enjoyable. I was told he wrote it for his daughter.
                            I'm in the middle of reading the Dark Tower series and needed a little bit of a break.

Comment

Originally posted by methos View Post
                              currently, Obsidian Butterfly

M
                              I knew I would eventually find someone else reading this. That one is good. We get a better glimpse at Edward who is awesome. I am currently reading The Harlequin. One more to go after that and I am done with teh series.
                              I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
                                I knew I would eventually find someone else reading this. That one is good. We get a better glimpse at Edward who is awesome. I am currently reading The Harlequin. One more to go after that and I am done with teh series.
                                oh i stopped after this one...

OB waa definitely the best in the series, i've read it so many times...

M

Comment

Working...
                                X