No announcement yet.

Marvel News Thread Vol. 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's that special time of year again folks...when FOX fucks up again...

Gore Verbinski Pulls Off Of ‘Gambit’ Movie

Gore Verbinski, who had come aboard to direct the long-in-the-works X-Men spinoff Gambit, is pulling off of the 20th Century Fox movie. This was an amicable split, we hear, owing to scheduling issues with several other projects on the director’s plate. Channing Tatum remains aboard as the lead role.

Fox has already set a February 14, 2019 release date for the film; no word if that will have to change given the new news.

It is the latest turn on the project, which at previous points had Doug Liman and Rupert Wyatt attached to direct the pic about Gambit/Remy LeBeau (Tatum), who has the ability to charge matter with volatile kinetic energy, turning anything he touches into a weapon. The character had a brief appearance in 2009’s X-Men Origins: Wolverine, played by Taylor Kitsch.
    And then there's this...

Fox Shuffles Dates For X-Men Movies After Gore Verbinski’s ‘Gambit’ Exit; ‘Deadpool 2’ Moves Into May, 'New Mutants' to 2019

Comment

Yo.

Im glad to see that this is *finally* getting some traction: https://www.newsarama.com/38140-marv...lm-report.html

MARVEL Hires Writer for BLACK WIDOW Film - Report

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
      Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Move Deadpool to a week before a Star Wars movie is interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
          Move Deadpool to a week before a Star Wars movie is interesting...
          oh that star wars movie isn't coming out May, i know nothing for sure but the fact that we still haven't gotten a trailer for it and that their/there/they're doing re-shoots right now just tells me it ain't happening

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

You're probably right about it moving, but reshoots aren't the death penalty the internet makes it out to be. And we got a full trailer for New Mutants and that got pushed back damn near a year, so that's not much of an indicator either. We didn't get a real trailer for The Last Jedi til about 3 months before the movie released. It felt that way at least. lol

Comment

You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

John Nee Hired as Marvel Publisher

Comment

Lol at that Gambit news. Fox should just let the film die before the Disney takeover. At this point its budget will clearly balloon to like 250m or something given the production issues it's been having. It's gonna be a big bomb.

Comment

Yeah, Gambit was a very odd choice to have a solo film.
                    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

I'm going to this A's game:

Comment

Originally posted by Tazer View Post
                        Yo.

Im glad to see that this is *finally* getting some traction: https://www.newsarama.com/38140-marv...lm-report.html

Tazer
                        Black Widow is the only Marvel movie I don't want ANY jokes in. Make that shit as serious and close to tinker tailor soldier spy as possible. If not, I'll take Salt or Atomic Blonde.

Comment

I've always wanted to see Black Widow go up against somebody like Mystique.

~//V\\~

Comment

New Mutants Director Says Film Will Push the Limits of a PG-13 Rating

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                              Black Widow is the only Marvel movie I don't want ANY jokes in. Make that shit as serious and close to tinker tailor soldier spy as possible. If not, I'll take Salt or Atomic Blonde.
                              It's already being made, it's called Red Sparrow.

Comment

Hans Zimmer To Score ‘X-Men: Dark Phoenix’

Hans Zimmer has been tapped to score the upcoming superhero movie X-Men: Dark Phoenix. The film marks the directorial debut of writer/producer Simon Kinberg (X-Men: Days of Future Past, The Martian, Deadpool) and stars James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, Tye Sheridan, Sophie Turner, Alexandra Shipp, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Evan Peters and Jessica Chastain. Kinberg is also producing the project with Bryan Singer (X-Men, The Usual Suspects), Hutch Parker & Lauren Shuler Donner (Logan). Zimmer’s involvement was mentioned by actor Evan Peters on the Happy Sad Confused podcast. We previously heard that the composer was scoring the film this past December, but it was unclear whether he would be sharing scoring credit with anyone else. Zimmer has previously scored the Kinberg-produced sci-fi movie Chappie and Kinberg-scripted Sherlock Holmes. X-Men: Dark Phoenix is set to be released on November 2, 2018 by 20th Century Fox.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2018/01...-dark-phoenix/

I thought Zimmer said he retired from scoring superhero movies.

Comment

Working...
                                X