Wizard magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wizard magazine

You know, I actually haven't picked up a copy of it in about 10 years (though I've flipped through three or four issues at various times at Barnes & Noble since).

Is it worth reading these days?

To tell you the Gods honest truth, it isn't what it once was. I mean, it's okay now but it used to be so much better. Nowadays all they really do is kiss Marvel's ass. THey started doing that ever since DC threatened to sue them over Twisted Mego Theatre.

There is still some good info in teh book, but I normally don;t buy it. BUt I do pick up Toyfare.

Comment

Yeah it really is focused on Marvel - mutli layouts for movies and arcs and crossovers and Final Crisis is lucky to get half a page in each issue.

It is kind of pissing me off.
      My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Although I agree, I've had a home subscription for about 7 years now. That and Previews. I like Previews more now that Marvel doesn't have a section there

It's the only magazine I get in the mail, and I wife gets like 7-8 a month, so I can't stop now

Comment

I think the last issue I bought was the one with the Rebirth preview story.

I try not to waste my money on that rag if I don't have to. Want news? I get it online faster than they can get it to print. Want accuracy? Don't look in Wizard! They get their shit wrong all the time. Plus, I don't read anything from Marvel, so that takes away a huge chunk of the magazine for me. Twisted Mego Theater was the only entertaining thing they had going there

All fluff and no stuff.

Comment

I buy Wizard monthly at my LCS, and I like it. Also, in Jauary's issue(Or February, depending on when you buy it.), Final Crisis is going to be the main story.

Comment

Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
              I buy Wizard monthly at my LCS, and I like it. Also, in Jauary's issue(Or February, depending on when you buy it.), Final Crisis is going to be the main story.
              Errrrrr..... it may be on the cover but even then I bet they'll give it 2 pages max.

I am accepting bets on this, too so...

When the cover story is Final Crisis - will it be 2 or <2 pages or will it be >2 pages?????
              My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

I think it will be 2.4 pages... and I got 2.4 cents that says so, as well.
                Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Parrylakks View Post
                  I think it will be 2.4 pages... and I got 2.4 cents that says so, as well.
                  Ok but you can bet I'll come to collect

thats 2.4 cents for >2pages by Parry folks

who's next?
                  My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Yo, I'll take that bet(Which I guess I started by accident). Let's see, NOT including the cover page, I'm gonna say It'll be 4 pages. Including the cover page, I'll say 5 pages. Also, I'll place 25 cents on that, I'm so sure.

Comment

I had a complete run of Wizard at one point, but they don't seem to be as diverse as they used to be. Currently, I go month to month and see if it has enough proverbial meat on the bones, versus the hype and fluff.

Hype and fluff are fine, but I like in-depth interviews instead of sound bites and they used to also do some excellent features on past contributors (i.e., Kirby and Kane, etc.).

I wouldn't suggest a subscription, but some months it has some cool stuff in there.

-Don

Comment

I like it for a good read and they usually always hype up some Green Lantern project. Also see how much some of the hotter books go for. It is far cheaper to subscribe than to buy it off the newstand every month.
                        Visit the Mall of Oa for all your Green Lantern needs!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Malvolio View Post
                          I like it for a good read and they usually always hype up some Green Lantern project. Also see how much some of the hotter books go for. It is far cheaper to subscribe than to buy it off the newstand every month.
                          I wouldn't call one page wich is mostly filled up with sketchs (thats what it was last time with the Alpha Lanterns) hyping Green Lantern

anyway

>2pages @ 2.4 cents for Parrylakks
                          and
                          >2 pages @ 25 cents for fearless2814.1

again whos next
                          My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

So, GLJIMT, you gonna start a "I'm Comin' to Collect!" thread when the issue comes out?

Comment

Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
                              So, GLJIMT, you gonna start a "I'm Comin' to Collect!" thread when the issue comes out?
                              I may just do that
                              My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Working...
                              X