No announcement yet.

The Batman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only bat family titles I picked up are/were Nightwing (mostly since it was actually GOOD with his new base in the Cloisters) and Batgirl

I may pick up some of the Battle For The Cowl stuff is Cass or Dick are in it. I was sick of Damien by the Ra's Al Ghul return (the only Bat story I've liked since War Games) and went off Tim after the crap that's the Teen Titans and him pining after Wonder Girl every single fracking issue and how it and Robin never seem in sync

Batwoman I may get, cash is short for me atm but I amy stretch and give it a chance, if it blows it I'm swearing off Batman stuff

Who said anything about restarting Batman at #1? Did I miss something?

And if you really think the RIP titles didn't connect, read it again. I can't believe you feel that way AFTER they've all ended. They all came together clearly.
    I meant the publication times, you were dealing with the aftermath in Robin before Batman finished the RIP stuff. DC never seem to be able to get stuff released on time or titles in a story arc in sync with each other, it's really putting me off DC, Marvel can pull it off okay, it's DC that seems to have the trouble

And when a series re-starts, that generally means it'll be turned back to issue #1 and for one as long as Batman, I don't see the point

Originally posted by Plastroncafe
    Freedom of Speech does not mean Freedom From Being Called Out For Spouting Bullshit.

Comment

I doubt Batman gets restarted. Detective Comics won't be restarted so I'm just going off that...

but how can you swear off Bat books because you don't like a new character? If you don't enjoy whats happening in Detective Comics with Batwoman then drop the book, but that shouldn't justify not picking up other potentially amazing titles, man. You're only hurting yourself when you do that. Its overreacting.

And you won't be seeing much Cass in Battle For The Cowl, because.....not many people like to write her. lol Which is why she'll be getting a ongoing, because Tony didn't want to involve her in the main story....Maybe there are enough of you Cassandra fans out there to keep her going. Have they announced who's writing her in June?

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
        I doubt Batman gets restarted. Detective Comics won't be restarted so I'm just going off that...

but how can you swear off Bat books because you don't like a new character? If you don't enjoy whats happening in Detective Comics with Batwoman then drop the book, but that shouldn't justify not picking up other potentially amazing titles, man. You're only hurting yourself when you do that. Its overreacting.

And you won't be seeing much Cass in Battle For The Cowl, because.....not many people like to write her. lol Which is why she'll be getting a ongoing, because Tony didn't want to involve her in the main story....Maybe there are enough of you Cassandra fans out there to keep her going. Have they announced who's writing her in June?
        Not to my knowledge but that's part of what I love about the character, she barely says a word so you've got to get her across in other ways, through her thoughts, her body language, it's amazing when it's done well and it shows how good a writer is when they can pull it off, any other Batgirl would've been written off as trying to copy Barbra Gordon, Cass is something totally differant

I'm swearing off them because I'm broke and can't afford to keep them, after Nightwing ends I may swap to Outsiders, but it's a maybe, I'm not splashing out £10 a month for titles I'm not sure I'm going to like when I can get GL, Fathom, New Exiles and Dark Reign

Originally posted by Plastroncafe
        Freedom of Speech does not mean Freedom From Being Called Out For Spouting Bullshit.

Comment

Adam Kubert talks The Outsiders with Newsarama

http://www.newsarama.com/common/medi....php?aid=25950

Comment

Battle For The Cowl sketches

Comment

Looks good so far

Comment

The Nightwing page looks really similar to Don Kramer's first two pages of "Nightwing #152"

Its gonna be really interesting to see how they compare...

I'm kinda shocked that Tony is showing us Gordon's troubles when DC has an one-shot planned for that. If Gordon's role looks prominent within the main series, I will wait for the Gordon one-shot to drop in price.
                W.West
                Last edited by W.West; 02-19-2009, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Tony Daniel Talks Battle For The Cowl & After...

http://www.newsarama.com/common/medi....php?aid=26148

"There will be several BatmEn appearances..."

"I will be back on The Batman title, as the regular artist."

"I won't be back on the very first issue back, that is being treated as an one-shot. But I will be back for the first arc."

"That arc will be directly after Battle For The Cowl"

"All of Gotham's problems are not solved."

Comment

"I will be back on The Batman title, as the regular artist."
                    "I won't be back on the very first issue back, that is being treated as an one-shot."
                    Well, so much for Quitely I guess. I wonder who will be the artist for the first issue?

They aren't going to abandon the original numbering when the title returns are they?

Comment

I doubt it. It would be kinda pointless and its so close to 700. They don't have a real reason to do it.

Comment

At least Tony Daniel is still going to be drawing the Batunivrese

Comment

And we won't have to worry about the potential delays Frank Quietly may have brought upon the title.

Comment

Wow, is it me or does Tony Daniel look like he is going to snap at any second in that interview?

Comment

I thought he was trying really hard to stop from smiling...like he had lockjaw or something.

Comment

Watching this interview, I can't help but be a little nervous about how Daniel is going to pull this off. It's been built up and hyped so much, and it's a little unsettling to have someone who's never really written anything of note pen this tale. Of course he may pull it off - we won't know until June when it's all said and done - and I hope he does because this story has so much potential to be really great. But for me, I'd rather this be in the hands of an experienced writer.

Comment

Working...
                                X