Horror Cinema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horror Cinema

We already have a thread for classic horror movies and another for 50s and 60s horror, but it appears that there are enough fans of modern horror (1960s and on) to invite one more thread.

So this is it. Your thread for modern monsters, slashers, and gore. Here, feel free to talk about all those movies others don't like: the blood, the gore, exploitation, schlock. Zombies, werewolves, watery Japanese ghosts or what have you.

News, reviews, pics, and discussion are welcome.

To get the ball rolling, I've been re-watching the original Scream movies in preparation for watching #4 next week for the first time (a horror friend is coming over to watch some slashers).

I forgot how much I like these. Many of the jokes are dated, but the stories were pretty good especially for slasher sequels.

Comment

I like scream, they're a nice standard horror. Who else thinks that friday the 13Th 5 was better than 6?
      Originally posted by IonFan
      (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
      Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
      If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
      Originally posted by Quaker
      I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
        ...Who else thinks that friday the 13Th 5 was better than 6?
        Sorry, can't agree, but I'll tell you why.

(1) Granted, there are some cool deaths (and probably the most explicit nudie scene until JGtH), but as a Jason fan, it pisses me off that #5 doesn't have the real Jason.

(2) #6 has one of my favorite Jason kills of all time: head through the RV. That whole movie is made in that minute.

Comment

6 fucking was stupid. They just had a little bit of lightning bring back Jason, and what about Tommy. In 5 he was turning into an insane killer, and in 6, everythin's back to normal and Tommy's the hero again, but with 5, It was an intense, realistic phscological horror aswell as a slasher, plus the fat guy at the begining that got killed is proberbly the biggest highlight in the whole franchise! I can't renember the nude scene, but I proberbly loved it Oh and annother thing that attracts me to part 5 is the fact that Jason is still messing with peoples lives after he's dead, and he's sent someone insane. He's still an influence after he's dead which is one of the reasons why 5 is so good. Granted it may not have had the most action in it, but it had an enjoyable and realistic storyline which is more than I can say for 6. 6 was just endless and almost completely random killings. I was also disapointed with 4.
          Deadpool
          Fight like a man: with your words, not your fists.
          Last edited by Deadpool; 04-07-2012, 03:59 PM.
          If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.

Comment

The lightning created the zombie Jason and set up some of my favorite Jason moments....so 6 all the way.
            Now you'd never call Erwin a "Wussy"
            Nor label his working day "cushy"
            But you might have to question
            His endless obsession
            With superpositional pussy.

Comment

... I was also disapointed with 4.
              Really? Seriously, I think that's the most-liked sequel by the Friday fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorgod View Post
                The lightning created the zombie Jason and set up some of my favorite Jason moments....so 6 all the way.
                Yeah, and the lightning was a very intentional nod to Frankenstein, so it doesn't really bother me. Jason's power and stamina are so murky anyway.

Comment

I've always been more of a Hammer fan and their Frankenstein series is consistently brilliant (apart from Horror of Frankenstein) but the other 6 are wonderful.
                  Goodbye Christopher Hitchins 1949 - 2011

Comment

But it was un realistic. Friday the 13Th is more of a phsycological horror than a sci-fi, or atleat it should've been.
                    Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                    Really? Seriously, I think that's the most-liked sequel by the Friday fans.
                    Well it was OK, but I preferd 2,3 and 5. I've only seen 2,3,4,5,6, and the reboot though, so there might be some more good ones.
                    Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                    Yeah, and the lightning was a very intentional nod to Frankenstein, so it doesn't really bother me. Jason's power and stamina are so murky anyway.
                    But Friday the 13Th shouldn't be Frankinstein, it should be a realistic slasher. That's why Texas chainsaw and Wrong turn get my vote all the way!

Comment

I'm a huge slasher fan. Halloween, TCM, Friday The 13th, all great stuff.

Part of me wishes F13 ended with part 4, which was a great way to end it. But the truth is I love the first 7 movies. 8 through 10 were dogshit. Loved Freddy vs Jason. Really liked the remake too.

For the record, part 5 is way underrated. Too many people overlook that movie because Jason wasn't in it, but I think it's got a lot going for it.

Comment

I just rewatched this

directed by the same guy that did the Lord Of The Rings movies

Comment

I've seen that. Did you like Bad Taste? Meet The Feebles?

Comment

But it was un realistic.
                            Yeah, because Jason's story up until being brought back to life by lightning was so realistic. I'm always taken back everytime I hear about a dead little retarded boy coming back to life and stalking camp counselors.....
                            Now you'd never call Erwin a "Wussy"
                            Nor label his working day "cushy"
                            But you might have to question
                            His endless obsession
                            With superpositional pussy.

Comment

Yeah, because Jason's story up until being brought back to life by lightning was so realistic. I'm always taken back everytime I hear about a dead little retarded boy coming back to life and stalking camp counselors.....
                              Yeah...they lost me when he went from rotting little scrawny boy to big hulking guy in a hockey mask.

Comment

Working...
                              X