Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle returns to his "classic self" in Hal Jordan & the GLC #17

http://insidepulse.com/2017/03/20/dc...lantern-corps/

How fucking horrible. Kyle becomes Ion, what do they do? Make him a normal Green Lantern again. Kyle becomes Ion again, what do they do? Make him a normal Green Lantern again. Kyle becomes a White Lantern, what do they do? Make him a... c'mon, why? Why regress him? Being a White Lantern was like the only thing keeping him a standout, now he's just one face in a crowd of other GLs, fighting for more than one or two panels.
    Yes
    72.22%
    No
    27.78%

I think it's a great move. Kyle should never have been anything but a Green Lantern. Now they need find something different for Baz and Cruz to do.

But a full reboot that restores the Guardians, starts all four Earth Lanterns on an equal footing, and makes Kyle young enough to serve with Teen Titans would be even better.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post

http://insidepulse.com/2017/03/20/dc...lantern-corps/

How fucking horrible. Kyle becomes Ion, what do they do? Make him a normal Green Lantern again. Kyle becomes Ion again, what do they do? Make him a normal Green Lantern again. Kyle becomes a White Lantern, what do they do? Make him a... c'mon, why? Why regress him? Being a White Lantern was like the only thing keeping him a standout, now he's just one face in a crowd of other GLs, fighting for more than one or two panels.
      Based off the discussion we've been having in the news thread, it looks like only you and IonFan are against the change. Everyone else seems to be applauding the move, though I'm kind of ambivalent on it.

Comment

How could it possibly be a good thing? He's a dude lost in an ensemble book with a titular lead that isn't him. At least as a White Lantern, every once in a while he's guaranteed to at least have some facetime as "Let's bring in the secret weapon!" or something. Now? Nada.

I remember his last time in Tomasi's GLC (another ensemble book, though not even as bad as this situation as that book didn't have one titular lead) as a regular GL. In like 3 years, he never did anything to remotely stand out there. He barely got a girlfriend (Soranik Natu) before that was voided.

Comment

When somebody screws up and admits it, they deserve praise. I'm giving it. I just hope they don't stop here but go all the way with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
            How could it possibly be a good thing? He's a dude lost in an ensemble book with a titular lead that isn't him. At least as a White Lantern, every once in a while he's guaranteed to at least have some facetime as "Let's bring in the secret weapon!" or something. Now? Nada.

I remember his last time in Tomasi's GLC (another ensemble book, though not even as bad as this situation as that book didn't have one titular lead) as a regular GL. In like 3 years, he never did anything to remotely stand out there. He barely got a girlfriend (Soranik Natu) before that was voided.
            Kill the ensemble book and put Kyle in Titans.

Put Hal in an Earth-based title.

Put either John or Guy in JLA, and the other in a space-based title. I would prefer John in JLA and Guy in space.

Problems solved.

Comment

Oh, and DO NOT make the space-based title about the emotional spectrum! Either kill that shit or use it in a recurring mini.

Comment

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                Kill the ensemble book and put Kyle in Titans.

Put Hal in an Earth-based title.

Put either John or Guy in JLA, and the other in a space-based title. I would prefer John in JLA and Guy in space.

Problems solved.
                Hal should be leading John and Guy in space. Kyle has always thrived on Earth. Barring that, way back I was kind of in love with the idea of Kyle leading the "Challengers from Beyond" as kind of a Multiverse police force, protecting Earth-0 from Multiversal threats... that'd be even more interesting as a White Lantern.

Comment

Kyle was at his most popular when he was a Green Lantern. After they made him "special," he went downhill.

They've tried it and tried it, and it didn't work. They need to go back to what did work.

Comment

Kyle was at his most popular when he was a Green Lantern.
                    He was at his most popular when he was THE Green Lantern. That's no longer possible, and just as a random face on a team didn't cut it last time and really won't cut it this time.

This is because of one of two reasons... or maybe both:

1) The same reason when this happened before, "Super-powered Kyle is 'too difficult' to write."

2) WB upstairs doesn't want any Super Lanterns floating around the comics that aren't named Hal Jordan or John Stewart, who are heading up their GLC movie. Alternately, Kyle is being written into the GLC script as one of the Lanterns and they want to keep things "matching" in the comics, as they're known to do.

Comment

Marz Ion DID work, then it got screwed with by editorial to fit with what was happening with Sinestro Corps War. The first three issues sold between 66k - 50k, which is still better than a lot of 2nd tier books.

Giving Kyle back to his original creator, even with a new alias and altered power set, was the best thing they could've done at that point.

I'm mostly thrilled he's back to the green side of things because it's been too long. I really expected him to become a blue full time. EVS should've stuck with the classic crabmask suit symbol, that new symbol will be a little harder for colorists with a symbol on top of a split circle. Glad he did his homework and got the mask down perfect.

Kyle should NEVER be a 'teen' Titan, just an older Titan. However I do like the Challengers angle as well.

~//V\\~

Comment

They won't change the name and concept of Teen Titans just so Kyle can join as an adult. Kyle will need to be adapted for that.

Which is fine. He was only about 22 when he was introduced anyway.

Comment

Why change him into a teen when Nightwing leads a team of adult Titans already? Do you even keep up with what they're publishing?

~//V\\~

Comment

They won't change the name and concept of Teen Titans just so Kyle can join as an adult. Kyle will need to be adapted for that.

Which is fine. He was only about 22 when he was introduced anyway.
                            People also claimed Kyle would/could NEVER EEEEEEEVER hook up with Carol Ferris. How'd that one go again? LOL

~//V\\~

Comment

I wouldn't be wholly against Kyle on just a Titans book... you know, Nightwing, Donna Troy, Arsenal, that kind of adult group. No "Teen" in title. At least then he wouldn't be fighting for panels next to 3 other Lanterns with the same powers as him.

Might even be like when Kyle was a member of the JLA. That worked well. In fact, why not just put Kyle on the JLA now?

Comment

Working...
                              X