This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
    I would prefer Hal in his thirties and John in his late 20s.
    +1. The treatment of Hank Pym and the Wasp in the Marvel cinematic universe pretty much damned them from ever being relevant in the comics again. Hal needs to be late 20's to mid-30's tops in a new film.

Pym was turned into Ultron lite and became a villain in the comics before being seemingly killed. Wasp has been dead awhile and was recently replaced... then for no reason at all came back to life. And I think Lang's daughter switched up from Stature to basically a new version of Stinger from MC2 as well.

If they made Hal an even older guy in the comics to push the other GL's in the front it would hurt the group as a whole. He's already the big gun, doesn't need to be significantly older.

Making him older to push John or another GL might work for a single film, but it wouldn't be a franchise builder like sticking to the source material would offer. Hal can still be older, he just doesn't need to be that old when they introduce John. And he doesn't need to be a senior citizen when other Earth GL's show up like Kyle, Guy, and God forbid Baz and Cruz.

~//V\\~

Comment

• I just never think of Hal as a 40 something. I always like to think of him in his prime, late 20s early 30s. Now, an older actor may PLAY Hal, we just had a 30 year old playing the last teenage Spidey, and leading men hit their prime in their 40s in Hollywood. But the character himself shouldn't be older. Guy should be the same age as Hal, and John and Kyle should be in their late to mid 20s respectively.

I am totally sold on a buddy cop movie for GLC. I just hope WB doesn't go the older veteran route for either/both Hal and John. I want to feel like these guys have some vitality to them, and the actors playing them be young enough to do so for a few movies if they do well. I'd rather avoid a Roger Moore scenario where they were borderline age wise right out of the gate.

Comment

I just never think of Hal as a 40 something. I always like to think of him in his prime, late 20s early 30s...
        Early 30s is more realistic than 20s if he's a test pilot. Those guys have usually made their bones with several years of combat flying to prove and earn the right. [And no, Trey, I don't mean that point to open the discussion of whether he should be a test pilot any more.]

Comment

• Lol, I love you Space Cop!

Comment

• You know he's just looking for an opening!

~//V\\~

Comment

• He's on it like white on rice!

Comment

I am totally sold on a buddy cop movie for GLC. I just hope WB doesn't go the older veteran route for either/both Hal and John. I want to feel like these guys have some vitality to them, and the actors playing them be young enough to do so for a few movies if they do well. I'd rather avoid a Roger Moore scenario where they were borderline age wise right out of the gate.
                We've all heard the GLC movie described as "Lethal Weapon in space", but since the white guy is the older vet and you throw in aliens and sci-fi, it reminds me more of "Men in Black"... ("Men in Green?")

Maybe they should cast Brad Pitt as Hal - he's in his 50's and despite being world-famous, hasn't really been doing much other than getting a divorce. Maybe he'd be up for a big summer-movie payday... (he can certainly pull off "cocky test pilot.")

Comment

• He just had a Netflix movie! - Brad Pitt's Agent
                  W.West
                  Last edited by W.West; 08-02-2017, 11:10 PM.

Comment

• So, Tom Kalmaku (aka Taika Waititi) is the newest hot director with "Thor: Ragnarok" poised to be a huge hit. What are the odds he'd jump ship back over to DC and helm the GLC movie? Maybe he still has some love for the franchise... Or does that sound like a horrible idea?

Comment

• I'm sure he wouldn't mind it, however, I'm more sure that Marvel won't allow it and with the success Thor 3 is expected to have, he has no reason to leave that franchise.

Comment

• I hope they at least tease us about the Green Lanterns in the JL movie. Some Easter Eggs to hold us over would be nice.
                        http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by BLACK HAND View Post
                          I hope they at least tease us about the Green Lanterns in the JL movie. Some Easter Eggs to hold us over would be nice.
                          It sounds like that is gong to happen. If so, I'll see Justice League in the theaters.

Comment

• Here's the latest, and several people online who have seen the film have similar descriptions. Don't continue if you don't want spoilers:

.......In a flashback scene, Steppenwolf fights an army of foes: Atlanteans, Amazons, and an unnamed alien GL. No word yet on whether he/she resembles anyone from the comics. The GL makes a couple of constructs, but is killed by Steppenwolf. His/her ring flies off to find a new bearer.
                            Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                              It sounds like that is gong to happen. If so, I'll see Justice League in the theaters.
                              Me too, otherwise I am kind of meh on it. I'll wait for it on digital.
                              http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

• https://www.cbr.com/johns-reinvent-green-lantern-dc/

Comment

Working...
                                X