Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Arrow and Aguaman demoted

Both have been dropped from twice-monthly to monthly publication

Green Arrow's sales are down to 23K, and Aquaman's are at 25K.

This doesn't look good.

Get Kevin Smith back on Green Arrow and that's one problem solved. Guy created Onomatopoeia, so you know he's got some good stories in him still. He mentioned a love for the Question too, so I'd let him put ol' Q in a GA story as well and maybe give him a spinoff after they get him back to a more reasonable state [damn that New52 version].

As far as Aquaman goes, there's just so damn many ways to write the character I'm not sure DC can ever really settle on one or the other for very long. I think the best case for Aquaman would be to let him have his own JL again as well as bring back Sub Diego in the A-Man comic. Will Pfeifer's run was cut way too short and he introduced Sub Diego first, let him come back and see what he can do with it. I think they stuck him on Catwoman. I *LOVED* he made a mort Batman enemy into the Eel. Didn't he also create Lorena/Aquagirl? I thought she was interesting too...

~//V\\~

Comment

Hand a Batman book over to Ben Percy to raise his reputation. His work on Green Arrow is the best the book has seen in decades.

Comment

I don't normally read Green Arrow, but I get the Rebirth trades and I think they're excellent.

Its a real shame the book couldn't sell better, its quite good.

Aquaman I am more or less indifferent to, I haven't the slightest clue on what to do to save that book.

Comment

Aguaman, the lesser-known Hispanic knockoff of Aquaman. For reals.
          Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

I'm honestly surprised that THIS many titles have stayed twice-monthly for THIS long. I don't see it as an insult to any of the titles reverting back to monthly status. That's the way things are supposed to be anyway.

Comment

Yeah, decades of Batman being your bestselling character will make you think that canceling books and shipping others twice monthly is diversifying your lineup somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                Aguaman, the lesser-known Hispanic knockoff of Aquaman. For reals.
                Or the Spanglish knockoff since it should be something like Agua Hermano.

Comment

Green Arrow is pretty good with Percy. That being said, most of the DC titles shouldn't be shipping biweekly anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                    Green Arrow is pretty good with Percy. That being said, most of the DC titles shouldn't be shipping biweekly anyhow.
                    None of DC's monthly titles are selling well. (I count Titans are Teen Titans put together as sort of a "twice monthly.")

I think eventually the monthly titles will vanish, and all you'll see are twice-monthlies and recurring minis.

Comment

Working...
                    X