No announcement yet.

Green Lanterns: Rebirth #1 *Preview/Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I originally didn't think i would like reading about 2 new earth lanterns when we already have 4 to read about but as I was reading this it made me think how its kinda cool to see how they figure out how the rings work and what they are capable of. It was nice to see Hal get in there and give some direction too

Comment

I thought it was pretty good, I liked the setup and how they described the previous lanterns.

Thought the interactions did get a little goofy but nothing Hal couldn't come in and handle

Also, good to see Dex-Starr again

Comment

Sold out at my store. I got the digital version, nice setup, nice art, nothing too ground breaking, but it does give me a little hope that things are going to be back on track.
        http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

I just ordered my copy online today. Hopefully, it gets here soon and I picked up Superman #1 since I'm hearing some positive anticipation after a lot of New 52 backlash.
          Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Best part of the entire issue right here...

Honestly thougt this issue wasn't too bad, but I can't say there was enough there from Simon & Jessica to want me to pick up the next issue. If anything this just got me even more exited to see Hal Jordan take on the Sinestro Corps in his book and seeing that Van Sciver looks to be at the top of his game right now makes me even more excited for his return.
            Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

I just kind of eyerolled when they did the obligatory guest appearance by the established hero that validates the new heroes' existence. It always happens, but it never ceases to be a groaner. "You were chosen for a reason", "this kids got moxy!", "Not bad kid!", or my personal favorite, "you will surpass him."

Ugh. Hated Hal's appearance here because of it. I don't want him legitimizing these two stale turds.

Comment

Hal showing up was the best part for me as well. Love the art there.

Comment

Originally posted by CeltiC5-27 View Post
                  Best part of the entire issue right here...

Honestly thougt this issue wasn't too bad, but I can't say there was enough
                  HELL yeah! But I actually liked the issue on my second read. I also read it after having been assured in a messaged by Ethan that there are some fantastic things on the way for the GLs title. So I'm a lot more patient now. Besides, REALLY liked the art. I actually like Baz a little better too, kind of feel sorry for him with all the hate stuff and his sister. I'm on board, and not even a week ago I was completely against GLs.
                  KilowogsDisciple
                  Green Lantern
                  Last edited by KilowogsDisciple; 06-11-2016, 05:45 PM.

Comment

This was a pretty good jumping off point. I like the idea of pairing Simon and Jessica since neither quite has his/her footing as a character yet. The art was very well done, and I'm always excited to see Atrocitus.
                    Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

I have a fundamental issue with the concept of both of these characters and the setup has only reinforced it, especially since they now work together : they're both set up as victims.

Simon is a victim of prejudice, Jessica is a victim of a crime and also her own mind. While they're something heroic about each overcoming those circumstances, it doesn't mean they should get a GL ring and be responsible for millions of lives. At some point I hope to see them do *super* heroic things, but then it's the same problem that Kyle encountered - locked into being a rookie as their defining trait, and this case with "Simica", (Jessimon?) we're always reminded of their victimization. The writers (here and in JLA) need to figure out what they are aside from those two traits for them to have any legs.

Comment

Hopefully the series will get cancelled sooner rather than later. And both characters can get killed off in a meaningless manner.

Comment

Originally posted by Kane2814 View Post
                          I have a fundamental issue with the concept of both of these characters and the setup has only reinforced it, especially since they now work together : they're both set up as victims.

Simon is a victim of prejudice, Jessica is a victim of a crime and also her own mind. While they're something heroic about each overcoming those circumstances, it doesn't mean they should get a GL ring and be responsible for millions of lives. At some point I hope to see them do *super* heroic things, but then it's the same problem that Kyle encountered - locked into being a rookie as their defining trait, and this case with "Simica", (Jessimon?) we're always reminded of their victimization. The writers (here and in JLA) need to figure out what they are aside from those two traits for them to have any legs.
                          I agree. Baz did end up being somewhat heroic in GL: Edge of Oblivion by going through the rift first, but I really don't emphasize at all with him or Jessica. You can only put up with so much "I'm a victim" attitude from someone who is not only a superhero but possesses the most powerful weapon in the universe. I am hoping they become better rounded characters in this title...or the most interesting thing they can do is die.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
                            Hopefully the series will get cancelled sooner rather than later. And both characters can get killed off in a meaningless manner.
                            The Poochie solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                              The Poochie solution.

YES!!!

Comment

I never understood why people want something like this to fail... just don't read it and let the ones that like it enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
                                X