• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Satyrquaze View Post
    I blame Geoff Johns.
    Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

come on if kirk, spock and mccoy can team up with the x men (sometime early 90's) then you can do star trek with anything!!
      HAL 9000 You have the ability to open pod bay doors and cause fear. Welcome to the Sinestro Corps!!

Comment

Yeah agree. But it would be cool to see some alien like him.

Comment

Say what?

Comment

He's still around!

You wanna know what's really amusing about all this?

Check out the newly released Green Lantern/Sinestro Corps Secret Files & Origins # 1, page 19, to be precise!

Second entry down on the left-hand side, right below "R'amey Hall"...

a GL with POINTED EARS... named Saarek... first appearance was in Green Lantern V. 2, # 90!

He has a newly redesigned costume and a newly bald head. You can't see the Vulcan eyebrows, they're covered by his newly-added domino mask. But it's got to be him! The new art is by Joe Prado, and since his costume's been redesigned, they must be about to have him show up in GL Corps soon... or maybe he already appeared and none of us caught it!

BTW, he's the GL of Sector 773... wherever that is.

Comment

I may be wrong, but i think Dc was producing a liscensed Trek sereies back in the '80's when they created this guy. Since IDW is doing the Trek comics now, chances are pretty low we'll ever see another story with this guy.
              and yes that sucks......

Comment

Originally posted by RichSan View Post
                I may be wrong, but i think Dc was producing a liscensed Trek sereies back in the '80's when they created this guy. Since IDW is doing the Trek comics now, chances are pretty low we'll ever see another story with this guy.
                and yes that sucks......
                Except for the fact, as I pointed out above, that he's in the newest Secret Files & Origins issue! So, they clearly have plans for him in the near future! They even went so far as to come up with a new costume design for him!

Comment

And they hinted at Blackest Night.

He claims to have used his telepathy to make contact with the dead. Most dismiss his claims as those of a madman.

Comment

This is indeed the same Vulcan GL that's in GL #90. I have the issue and just checked it. That image posted here is from that issue. It's cropped, but he's basically waving to Hal and John...or more likely wishing them a long and prosperous life.

Comment

Not to be really all fangirl or anything, but....The vulcan salute is taken from Jewish blessings it's done by rabbi's durring prayers as it mimics the first letter in the hebrew spelling of God.....Kk my nerdiness is over now.....Man I have watched to many Nimoy interviews.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                        On a similar note, I still wonder how DC/Reis and co. were able to get away with a very blatant Predator in the pages of the Sinestro Corps War in two different issues (one with the mask on, one with the mask off, even complete with shoulder canon, dreadlocks, and spear).
                        please tell me you have a scan of this.... I soooo wanna see it....
                        Kyle Rayner
                        Hal's Understudy
                        Last edited by Kyle Rayner; 05-08-2008, 09:57 PM.
                        Those that never take risks never know what could have been

I make kyle rayner rings... contact me for pics and pricing info

draft picks:
                        1. Terminator T-800 (Indy/Dark Horse)
                        2. Unicron (Indy/IDW)
                        3. Ultron (Marvel)
                        4. Metallo (DC)
                        5. Freddy Krueger

Comment

I'd really dig a scan of this too. I brought that Lantern back in the GLC rpg as Orion Pax's partner, down in my sig with an updated suit as well. I REALLY need to find this issue or find it in a trade....

~KL~

Comment

Oh, for those that don't know and like useless info:
                            "Orion Pax" was the name of the Autotbot dock worker that was attacked by Megatron for a shipment of Energon when the Autobot/Decepticon war started....
                            his damaged and almost dead shell was found by the then-Matrix/allspark holder and rebuilt.... as Optimus Prime!!

So, in my mind, any mention of "Orion Pax" makes me think of Prime...
                            Those that never take risks never know what could have been

I make kyle rayner rings... contact me for pics and pricing info

draft picks:
                            1. Terminator T-800 (Indy/Dark Horse)
                            2. Unicron (Indy/IDW)
                            3. Ultron (Marvel)
                            4. Metallo (DC)
                            5. Freddy Krueger

Comment

Soooo,

Nobody has a scan or even a rough sketch of the updated Vulcan? I really wanna replace the micro I have with a new one for him but all I know is he's bald now with a mask....

~KL~

Comment

Here ya go KL, Scan coutrsy of Mavrick_GL

Darth_Andrea

Comment

Working...
                                X