View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 03:18 AM   #55
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
That's a fair point... but developing an emotional attachment to the clothes the characters wear is taking it an extra level. Superman and Batman have had thousands of tweaks, changes and alterations over the years but we all know who they are and what we think they stand for.

A non-fiction example... I'm a huge Los Angeles Kings fan. They're getting new uniforms next season and while I'm not personally thrilled with them I understand that it's not really going to change how I root for the team.

I was referring only to the costumes and accessories. "Love" interests CAN be superficial in any given story but no I'm not suggesting that comic book characters should never be in relationships. I was talking about their threads.

Well it would depend on how it was written but again... not talking about relationships. Just the clothes.
This is a thread for Kyle/Carol. At least try to stay on topic and leave your obsession with my obsession for another convo in another thread.

For the people against the idea of Kyle/Carol, would you rather Carol just go ahead and hook up with Hal again for more of the same old same old? You want him to go back to work for Ferris? Even though it'd make me happier to see a more Earth based character driven story, I don't want to go back to THAT. I'd much rather see Hal dealing with the consequences of ditching his job in the Air Force... and how he's to pay rent for an apartment he doesn't stay in without earning money....

~KL~