What's good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's good?

Pretty simple tell me about your newest acquisitions. Tell me about merch you are looking forward to. What do you like about green Lantern in these Dark times. I Dig these Primal Age figs. Mixing 2 of my Favorites Green Lantern and He-man. Shut up and take my money!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...65450991090507
    Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

I went to a mall with the family this week so my son could spend some of the birthday money burning a hole in his pocket. He ended up picking up all 5 of the primal age figures for the slasher movies. He got Jason, Michael, Pinhead, Freddy and.Leatherface.

My 2 new acquisitions I am waiting for in the mail are:

the newest Neca Ultimate Jason figure from Freddy Vs Jason. I have kept up on the Ultimate line so after this there is just the ultimate Roy Burns figure at the end of the month, then the big wait until the Friday the 13th lawsuit gets resolved before the last 5 figures can get done.

The other thing I am waiting for in the mail is the new Locke & Key Timeshift key from Skelton Crew Studios. I have a shadowbox to display my L&K collection and am only missing 2 keys that I am still trying to pick up. Fantastic little collectable if you are a fan of the comic series.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
        Pretty simple tell me about your newest acquisitions. Tell me about merch you are looking forward to. What do you like about green Lantern in these Dark times. I Dig these Primal Age figs. Mixing 2 of my Favorites Green Lantern and He-man. Shut up and take my money!
        I would probably be into those if they weren't made by Funko.
        I haven't actually got anything Green Lantern in quite a while. There's stuff I'd like to get, but I already boxed a lot of the DC Direct stuff I had (like all othe bad guys and non-Greens) because they've been taking up too much room.
        Most of my recent acquisitions have been Godzilla or He-Man (vintage and classics).
        The very most recent was Neca's poster variant Godzilla. That came in from order at my LCS.

Comment

I'm at a concert with my son right now! Alice In Chains and Korn, in Mansfield Mass. Alice just got offstage and were AMAZING.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
            Most of my recent acquisitions have been Godzilla or He-Man (vintage and classics).
            That's cool. Do you have Battle Cat and He Man? They always looked awesome together.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
              That's cool. Do you have Battle Cat and He Man? They always looked awesome together.
              Actually, I still had my original collection including those and many others. But recently at a toy shop and a local con, I was able to get ones I never had or which have broken over the years.

And I started ordering newer stuff through Big Bad Toystore.

But yeah, occassionally I set up fully armored He-Man and Skeletor against each other on their cats. Dittoo the armored horses with Fisto and Jitsu.
              Space Cop
              The Dandy
              Last edited by Space Cop; 08-10-2019, 01:29 PM.

Comment

I had my MOTU phase when I was a kid and they first came out. I had a bunch of figures from the first few waves and castle greyskull. And some slime pit trap. I didnt hold onto them when I got to my teens though and never went back like I did for some of my other nostalgic love affairs. I have a Skeletor and a Man At Arms I got at a toy show recently, and they are on a miscellaneous toy shelf. Nothing like what you have though. Fun little line.

Comment

I had my MOTU phase when I was a kid and they first came out. . .
                  Well, I was born at the end of '79 so MotU was perfect for me. It was the first and strongest toy obsession I had; the first thing I really tried to collect. I had G.I. Joe and Star Wars stuff, but I liked that MotU were bigger, manlier, and more detailed than those. When other kids started getting into Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, I was actually annoyed that everyone had given up on He-Man, which was just so obviously cooler. I would get the old ones in the discount bins and my great aunts who were yard sale nuts would keep getting me them. So, I kept them and every now and then would pull them out of their rubbermaid containers. After getting the DVD sets, I started pulling them out randomly and displaying them and only recently began what I said of looking for missing toys and new sculpts.

Comment

So you have most of the figures? Even the ones at the end?

Comment

So you have most of the figures? Even the ones at the end?
                      Of the standard run figures, I have much more than I don't, but I'm not great on accesories, vehicles, and playsets and my stuff was crazy played with, so most of it is not in great condition.

I actually am even better on the late stuff ('86-88) than the early because at that point I had some allowance and knew the names of what I was looking for. A lot of the real fun, bizarre stuff (like Mosquitor) comes from that period.

Like with Star Wars, there are also hard-to-find variants, which I don't have any of. That mostly has to do with paint variants used in the Mexican release of the toys.

One of these days, I need to set up what I have around my Snake Mountain playset and take some photos. The one problem with MotU is that their rubber-joint legs haven't aged well over 30+ years, so a lot of them don't stand.

Comment

You have Snake Mountain?!? That thing was badass!

Comment

You have Snake Mountain?!? That thing was badass!
                          Yep. The microphone doesn't work and the snake that pops out (which was made of rubber) is brittle, but it's mostly good. I also have the Horde Fright Zone. My stepdad was cool enough to play assault the fort with those when I was 10 or so.

Comment

Yeah I never had any of that. I had Castle Grayskull when it first came out. I was getting a lot of the figures at first. I had stinkor and Ram Man. Looking at a checklist of them as I type this I think I had 16 of the figures as a kid.

Comment

Despite being a big He-Man fan, I'm not fond of these figures. They're a strange blend, especially for a space-centric character like GL. That being said, I wanted to pick one up since they are reasonably priced and I wanted the constructs for other GL figures in my collection. Of course, I've seen everyone in the stores EXCEPT GL, which is the story of my collecting life.
                              Big Blue Lantern
                              Corps Honor Guard
                              Last edited by Big Blue Lantern; 08-21-2019, 06:53 AM.
                              Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Working...
                              X