What do you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you prefer?

Do you prefer to order your figures online or do you prefer to try and hunt them down in retail stores?

For me if I really really want a figure I will buy it online. I enjoy the hunt and trying to find and finding new figures at the stores.

What about the rest of you?

The thrill of the hunt used to matter to me as there's no substitute for the elation of when you finally find something you've been searching for. Now, I couldn't care less. I've grown increasingly frustrated by going to Target and Walmart to see the same crap warming the pegs so if I have to order something online, so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by sylent_asassin View Post
      The thrill of the hunt used to matter to me as there's no substitute for the elation of when you finally find something you've been searching for. Now, I couldn't care less. I've grown increasingly frustrated by going to Target and Walmart to see the same crap warming the pegs so if I have to order something online, so be it.
      agreed 100%
      Figures for Sale/Trade: DCUC/DCD/Green Lantern Related *CHEAP*
      Formally known as TMarcumUSN (or "Marcus" freakin' Bruce Castle haha)

I'm a leaf on the wind...

Comment

I really never liked hunting for toys in stores. I just did because it was the only way I could get the figures at non-resale prices.

I love buying toys online.
        You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

I usually have my kids with me when I go shopping. This usually makes for nightmare visits to the toy stores/departments so online for me. Plus, easier to comparison shop.
          I just wanna play.
          I just wanna play a game.
          One that you've never played before.
          One you'll never play again I'm sure...

Comment

If I know that I can find it in a store then I'll go looking but if I have a feeling that it's going to be difficult/impossible to find for whatever reason I'll order it online. For example I ordered the Classic Predator from the new Predators movie (awesome movie btw) because there aren't any place around me that sells stuff like that but stuff like the Marvel Universe figures (waiting on Wave 10 for the Ghost Rider figure) that I can find at Wal-Mart or Target or something then I'll just go to a store.
            In blackest day or brightest night,
            ...Watermelon, cantaloupe, yadda yadda,
            Erm...superstitious and cowardly lot,
            With liberty and justice for all! - Duck Dodgers

Comment

I love the hunt, but with Walmart, Target and Kmart (34St the best) acting funny til christmas time. I look to online to shop now. Right now Toys R Us has revamped the look for all stores and opened a new store in Rego Park, so things look ok when shopping here. There is only one place so far that I have found the best deals, but is a flea market in FL (Leesburg area) called Renagers. The toy shop there is the best hunt and find oldies and goodies. But online is the easiest.
              GL13
              Star Sapphire's Love Slave
              Last edited by GL13; 08-04-2010, 03:18 PM.

Comment

it depends sometimes u find better deals in the store ..and sometimes on line..i got the whole blackest night serise 3 for 30 bucks at some store...but mostly i ebay...

Comment

i prefer to buy online if what i want is the same or similar price to an actual store. which is why i hate it when store exclusives are not sold online

Comment

I used to LIVE for the hunt. When I was in college, I'd spend a whole Saturday driving around town hitting Target, Meijer, Toys R Us, Comic Shops, etc. - and if I did find that figure it was like magic. Now - I don't have the time to do it or the money to waste on gas! The exception is if I'm at Target or Walmart with the wife, she knows we have to do a fly-by on the toy aisle. It's a given and we can't leave until we do. But rarely will I find anything I need or want. Now, it's all BBTS and eBay - If I pay a few extra bucks for a figure, it's worth my time/effort/gasoline to buy it and just be glad I have the toy.

Comment

Originally posted by sylent_asassin View Post

Also agreed.
                      Luckily I have a network of collectors (not scalpers) in the area who help eachother out greatly so I don't have to resort to online procedures that much.

The Sky is Waiting....

Comment

I buy in stores and online. Before I got online about 11 years ago I went on trips all the time hunting for figures. I used to love it. But in the last couple of years, I've just gotten sick of going to stores over and over and not finding anything. My local Target has had the same DCUC Superman Blue, Cyborg, and Captain Atom for over a year. Fuck that.

So I buy online. A lot. I may spend a few extra bucks for s+h, and I might spend a little more if I use Buy It Now instead of bidding, but it's STILL cheaper than all the gas I don't waste anymore. These days, if I HAPPEN to be on a road trip, I hit all the stores I can. But I never make special trips looking for figures anymore.

So to answer your question, I'd PREFER to find my figures the old brick and mortar way if I could do it without driving all over creation, but that doesn't happen very often anymore.

Comment

i get them off-line when i can but who's got the time to drive all over hell and half of Arizona so i get most of my stuff from on-line

Comment

Working...
                          X