The inevitable return of Geoff Johns!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaptainFrxz View Post
    I picked no because the end of his run was kind of wonky.
    That being said since he came back to both Flash and JSA at certain points it would not suprise me.
    I have to agree. He's likely to come back briefly.

Comment

I would love to see Geoff back on the book, for all of the problems I had with the way he relaunched volume 5. Overall he managed to finish the book in a strong fashion and sadly I think he's the only writer that works for DC at the moment who actually knows how to write Hal.

As far as the conspiracy theory goes it's pretty comical that after all this time the haters still want to grasp at straws why GL minus Geoff sucks. It's now that complicated no one is sabotaging the book but the current writer or writers, blame them for the horrible product that is being put out at the moment from the GL books andleave Geoff alone.
      "If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".

Comment

He wrote it to the point that it couldn't be written well any more, and he knew that, so he bailed out. He's not doing anything behind the scenes to it now.

Comment

It's happening...

Comment

Did I miss an announcement? I thought Geoff was now LESS likely to be coming back to write GL than ever, with his new responsibilities on the film side of things.

Comment

He's not actually writing comics anymore, last I checked. Green Lantern needs fresh blood from a truly great space operaticist, like Jim Starlin (praying). Oeming is good, Marz...oops, they're mostly Marvelites.

Starlin would be a dream come true for me, or Walt Simonson.

I wonder how Bendis would fair, though he's not always pristine with groups. Waid.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                Did I miss an announcement? I thought Geoff was now LESS likely to be coming back to write GL than ever, with his new responsibilities on the film side of things.
                You didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by KilowogsDisciple View Post
                  Oeming is good . . .
                  Oeming used to live in the town next to mine and went to my LCS (until he moved to the west coast). Cool dude. I got some of his Powers stuff signed.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                    Oeming used to live in the town next to mine and went to my LCS (until he moved to the west coast). Cool dude. I got some of his Powers stuff signed.
                    Awesome! His Thor Disassembled is one of the best Marvel stories I've ever read, period.

Comment

Geoff Johns may not be writing, but he's clearly the mastermind behind the current Green Lantern status quo. There's a book dedicated to Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz, another with Hal Jordan at the forefront while every other main Lantern character is more or less screwed, and the prevalence of the Emotional Spectrum and Corps wars in both books. It's very obvious.

Besides, it was confirmed that he personally met with the writers and went over story ideas with them. And this whole "Rebirth" thing is his brainchild.
                      ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Originally posted by Star-Lantern View Post
                        Geoff Johns may not be writing, but he's clearly the mastermind behind the current Green Lantern status quo. There's a book dedicated to Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz, another with Hal Jordan at the forefront while every other main Lantern character is more or less screwed, and the prevalence of the Emotional Spectrum and Corps wars in both books. It's very obvious.

Besides, it was confirmed that he personally met with the writers and went over story ideas with them. And this whole "Rebirth" thing is his brainchild.
                        Oh look, a mention of "Starlit Crisis", the only good Green Lantern story I've read since Van Jensen's "Corps" run.

Comment

And hell NO I don't want Johns back. I want Johns to go AWAY. Maybe if he lost this horribly bad idea of an executive position and went to Marvel writing comics for awhile. Just...get him AWAY from DC, POST HASTE.

Comment

Didnt you like his Justice League run including Darkseid War?

Comment

Originally posted by "Chosen" View Post
                              Didnt you like his Justice League run including Darkseid War?
                              LOVED it!!! And after a second reading of DC: Rebirth, I'm on board.

I just...I got tired of the hero worship of Johns on Facebook (to name just one website). Too much sycophancy tends to turn me off the sycophant-ee. For me Johns was mostly GL Rebirth to Blackest Night (greatest Hal Jordan run ever imo), the idea that launched the amazing Flashpoint Paradox film (my favorite animated anything), Darkseid/Justice League, and Aquaman. The rest was mostly miss for me, especially Flash (granted, he stood in the towering shadow of the king, Mark Waid), and the post-Blackest Night, where he seemed to have just shot his wad and got steadily more boring.

But that's just my view, I did like Rise of the Third Army, though only a part of that was his.

His leaving behind comics writing has made me lose respect for him, to be completely honest. That's what he does best. Too bad he'll never give writing for Marvel a try, would love to see him tackle the Guardians, for example.

Comment

KilowogsDisciple,
                                Geoff Johns already wrote for Marvel. He did an Avengers run with them which was alright when he wasn't doing weird shit like this:

Warning: NSFW
                                http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_slzL0vHRjt...6hao1_1280.jpg

It's not likely he would go back because he's a DC stan at heart.

Give 'em the evil look son!

Comment

Working...
                                X