Red Lanterns #8 *Preview/Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
    How the Red Lantern Battery was formed. IIRC, Atrocitus originally built it by killing the other four Inversions. Now, in RL #8, he did so by killing the remainder of his own race.
    Well that's a silly retcon- most likely a simple mistake. He DID kill the other survivors of the Manhunters' slaughter, but they weren't of his same race.

Comment

It may not be a ret-con, it may simply imply that the inversions were a part of his race twisted by the blood magics they dabbled in.

Comment

Or it may be an indicator that this book is inconsistent trash.

A tie back to 'Tygers' where it's CLEARLY established that the Inversions are demons, evil as evil gets, taking everything the early Oans had to defeat and even then, had to simply imprison.

But Atrocitus wasn't a demon. Wasn't a force of evil wrapped in the black cloud of mysticism. Remember? He's a naked psychologist.

I'm done with this book. This thing has been a turd from day one.

Comment

Review: http://indigotribe.wordpress.com/201...ed-lanterns-8/
          The last fan of 1990s comics
          Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

How the Red Lantern Battery was formed. IIRC, Atrocitus originally built it by killing the other four Inversions. Now, in RL #8, he did so by killing the remainder of his own race.
            They might have been the remainders of his civilization. And it could be that there was a wide variation in appearance among his race.
            -His Divine Majesty King Groot the 23rd, Monarch of Planet X, custodian of the branch worlds, ruler of all he shades, flora colossus.

Comment

The other Inversions were very clearly different species.
              The last fan of 1990s comics
              Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Review...
                I pretty much agree with everything you said. The retcon is a really big deal/bad mistake. It might've been okay before RL existed IF Atty was still completely a bad-ass villain, but with him being the focus we lose sympathy.

Comment

The other Inversions were very clearly different species.
                  Though they appear different physically, nowhere that I can find is it stated they aren't of the same species, etc. I searched back to Alan Moore's story about them and even there they are called Inversions (though that story calls them "immortal demons" as well....so I guess they are all of the same race in that version). It does state; however, that the Guardians put them in those "forms"....though Atrocitus' origin appears to differ....so with the retcon who knows?
                  “You were electrocuted by a Giant Moth. That kind of thing will scramble your brain right good." -- Boxer (in Godzilla #6)

Comment

Why do they even have these unesercery retcons? By the way, I found this Rankor micro on the internet, I thought you'd all be interested.
                    Originally posted by IonFan
                    (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                    Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                    If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                    Originally posted by Quaker
                    I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Well despite the retcons, I like Abysmus and I hope they keep him around as a regular antagonist for Atrocitus. I like that he is adorned in the skin of a guardian, and his existence points to the fact that maybe Atrocitus doesn't have as good of a grasp of the red lantern as he would lead others to believe. If he screwed up creating his first batch of lanterns it might not be a stretch to say he's still experimenting with the new ones; preparing his army for his holy crusade of vengeance. I think that Jack Moore is going to lose his mind to rage soon without submerging in the blood ocean. Maybe there is some ramp up time for the red rage to take complete hold of the host in some cases.
                      http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X