This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VANish (2015)

"You know, under different circumstances, I think we would have made a hell of a couple.
    -I would have killed you in your sleep.
    My kinda girl."

Night of the Comet (1984)

"See, this is the problem with these things. Daddy would have gotten us Uzis."
    Space Cop
    The Dandy
    Last edited by Space Cop; 04-01-2017, 11:17 PM.

Comment

• Nightbreed: The Director's Cut (1990/2014)

Comment

• Karate Kid II (1986)

"Never put passion before principle. Even if win, you lose."

One of the several guys I follow movie reviews from on Youtube, posted his student (short) film (a mockumentary). We don't have many of the grammar Nazis left on this board, but Agent and one or two others might like it:

+ YouTube Video
        ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Originally posted by robojac View Post
        Nightbreed: The Director's Cut (1990/2014)
        That's a good movie. Freaky, but good.
        Space Cop
        The Dandy
        Last edited by Space Cop; 04-05-2017, 05:03 PM.

Comment

• 10 Cloverfield Lane (2016)

"Santa Claus!"

A young woman wakes up from a car crash to find herself with a strange man living underground in a bunker. He insists there was an attack and everyone is dead, but the longer things go on, the less sure she is that he's sane.

I thought this film was fairly good. Not incredible, but it does a solid job of portraying someone whose mania is not merely plausible but necessary for survival. Goodman himself is a very creepy figure, an overbearing and ultra-paranoid presence.

In contrast, the creativity and resourcefulness of the female lead and her fellow prisoner are very fascinating to watch, how they come up with all kinds of little ideas to escape. (On a related note, I really found some amusement in the "post-apocalyptic fashion" Michelle creates).

As for the ending...well, I didn't see that coming, but damn if I wasn't somewhat impressed by it. Spoilers I have to say the whole thing was a major nod to War of the Worlds, and paid off rather well even if the box office and aftermarket success weren't stellar Spoilers.

Overall, a good watch, and something I'd recommend as a slow-burn flick.
          Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• 2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)

"Man, it's a hoe-asis in here."

Whenever I see this movie now I always wish Suki had returned to the franchise. I guess she hasn't because Devon Aoki basically gave up acting (for family, it sounds like), but man is that a missed opportunity.

Ganja & Hess (1973)

"Oh, man, everybody is some kind of freak."
            Space Cop
            The Dandy
            Last edited by Space Cop; 04-04-2017, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post

That's a good movie. Freaky, but good.
              Yeah pretty much. I saw the theatrical cut a decade ago and finally got around to looking at the director's cut with my brother (who I gave this to a couple years ago for Christmas). I like both cuts but the director's cut is better. I want to see the Cabal Cut which is 25 minute longer than the director's cut and see how it stacks up. I think it's on Netflix.

Comment

• Little Caesar (1931)

"Mother of Mercy! Is this the end of Rico?"

Finding Dory (2016)

"Sigourney Weaver is going to help us!"
                Space Cop
                The Dandy
                Last edited by Space Cop; 04-10-2017, 04:18 AM.

Comment

• Lion

Heart wrenching film.
                  You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Death Line [aka Raw Meat] (1973)

"Mind the doors."

Ghost Rider (2007)

"Put the monkey show on."
                    Space Cop
                    The Dandy
                    Last edited by Space Cop; 04-10-2017, 04:18 AM.

Comment

• Ghost in the Shell (2017)

Compare to the original anime this film is terribly watered down, as it's basically the 2014 version of RoboCop in terms of plot. Therefore, if you liked that film, you're more likely to like this live action version of Ghost in the Shell.

For me, the film was just another action film with great visuals and set pieces, but not much depth or intrigue.
                      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Beyond Outrage (2012)

"Anything? Let's play baseball."

As with the first one, I found this good but hard to keep up with who's betraying who and what clan affiliation they have.

Samurai Cop (1991)

"I want him dead! I want his head cut off and brought here! I want his head on this piano so that every man in my organization understands, what's more, that no Katana gets captured alive or talks! Got that?"

I invited a friend of mine to see this movie riffed this Thursday, but he said he wanted to see it straight first, so that's what we did.
                        [edit: didn't make it to the Rifftrax, unfortunately.]

Tropic Thunder (2008)

"You have no real family, you're on the wrong side of 40, you're childless and alone. Somebody close to you said, 'one more flop, and it's over.'
                        -Somebody said they were close to me?"
                        Space Cop
                        The Dandy
                        Last edited by Space Cop; 04-24-2017, 01:10 AM.

Comment

• Passengers

Overall, not a bad film. It's a simple stranded on an island type of film, but it kind of gets a little ridiculous at the end with problem solving.

Comment

• Comment

• A friend of mine recuperating from hip replacement surgery wanted to get out of the house and watch some horror flicks, so we did a bad-1986-horror-movie double feature:

Chopping Mall (1986)

"Thank you. Have a nice day."

Slaughter High (1986)

"Talk dirty, Frank! Talk dirty!
                              -Um, tits.
                              DIRTY dirty!
                              -Um, f**k. Ah, tits. Screw."
                              Space Cop
                              The Dandy
                              Last edited by Space Cop; 04-10-2017, 04:17 AM.

Comment

• Your Name

Comment

Working...
                                X