View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 02:27 PM   #67
EmeraldGladiator
Manhunter Repairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
Whatever terrible idea Geoff has for a Watchmen event.
I know Geoff has some pull but this is getting ridiculous. DC doesn't have many A-List artist on the roster but it looks like Geoff gets dibs on most of the A-list talent for his projects. Which is ok if Geoff is writing your tent pole books but now Geoff has to put writing aside and prioritize other job functions. Yet the dibs rule still appears in affect. Gary Frank sits around until Geoff gets around to doing another Batman Earth one, Fabok is on the bench until Geoff has time for his next crossover event. Reis hides out until this Aquaman/JLA arc comes out. I would think DC would be better served with having Frank, Reis and Fabok out there helping sell books instead of saving them for big events. That's how you end up with Tan on GL for an extended run, he is about the best you have available because all of the studs are not being used. I am happy about Superwoman for if no other reason Jiminez is on the DC roster and wasn't being used at all. Imagine Phil drawing the Parallax issues, it wouldn't have made the story telling any better but I would have enjoyed it more.
EmeraldGladiator is offline   Reply With Quote