Artist: Scott Godlewski, Hi-Fi, and Dave Sharpe
    16.67%
    50.00%
    33.33%
    0.00%
    0.00%

Issue out. Poll up. Review posted.

Comment

I didn't buy Jessica's comfort at that party. I have a lesser form of socal anxiety and I am never comfortable at a party (let alone willing to flirt with a stranger at one). She's way worse than I am. She should've been having a panic attack. You don't go in a year (or however long it's been in comic time) from a three-year seclusion in your apartment, curling up when someone knocks at the door to joking and flirting at a party.
      Space Cop
      The Dandy
      Last edited by Space Cop; 10-05-2017, 01:10 PM.

Comment

^ I thought about that, too. I also think the writer was trying too hard to make these characters seem cool and relatable through their idiosyncrasies and flaws, and I've thought that the entire run. Or at least the times I'd look into the comic. I think some levity and more character-centric moments are what Green Lantern really needs, and granted this series attempts them, but they don't seem natural and convincing to me. It's like the writer is going out of his way to make Jessica "adorkable" and when I'm reading those moments, that's what I'm thinking instead of believing that she is just that way. As for Simon, he has his own moments, like when he was in the middle of some adventure and he went around carrying a teddy bear for much of it. Something like that seems too contrived to me, like the writer is trying too hard to endear the characters to me through goofy moments instead of just ... letting it naturally happen through a legitimately good story. That's one of the reasons I REALLY don't like this series or its lead characters. First, I'm completely, utterly, entirely against their inception and I believe it only harms and waters down Green Lantern. Then, I think the stories have just not been good at all. And third, it tries too hard to make the characters seem endearing, but for me at least, falls flat, and makes me dislike the characters even more.

That's my take.
        ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

It was forced, awkward, and overall terrible. I can understand trying to make them more endearing, but forcing talking heads on us for a whole comic with side characters we don't care about and weak infantile characterizations.....nearly unreadable.
          http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Star-Lantern View Post
            ^ I thought about that, too. I also think the writer was trying too hard to make these characters seem cool and relatable through their idiosyncrasies and flaws, and I've thought that the entire run. Or at least the times I'd look into the comic. I think some levity and more character-centric moments are what Green Lantern really needs, and granted this series attempts them, but they don't seem natural and convincing to me. It's like the writer is going out of his way to make Jessica "adorkable" and when I'm reading those moments, that's what I'm thinking instead of believing that she is just that way. ... letting it naturally happen through a legitimately good story. ...
            Yeah, even though I don't hate this series, I agree with most of what you say. These moments feel too much like "this is what twenty-somethings find 'cool,' right?"

Comment

I’m a twenty-something who has mostly enjoyed this series but even I know this issue was crap on a cracker

Comment

Somehow it got a decent review on Bleeding Cool.
                http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                X