Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome!!!!!!!!

Comment

the mask looks brilliant ! keep up the good work.

Comment

Thanks Guys, seeing the mask done makes me really excited to finish the rest of it! Hopefully I'll have some painted boots to show off soon.

Comment

YES!!! Please show us when the boots are done. Very Very impressive
          The Daleks you have the ability to instill great Fear welcome to the Sinestro Corps.
          Response--- Wel---come? No We must Ex--ter---min---ate Sinestro

Comment

Unfortunately, I just got a call from the shoe place, turns out they can't work on rubber boots (lame) so we'll likely have to cut them down ourselves, which we had planned to do initially, but thought better of taking it to professionals. Cest la vi

I'll include pics and description of how we mod the boots.

Comment

Can't wait.

Comment

Nice work so far man can't wait to see more.

Comment

Awsome job on the mask. Have you thought about wearing green contacts to make your eyes even greener?

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfdagon View Post
                    Awsome job on the mask. Have you thought about wearing green contacts to make your eyes even greener?
                    Normally I wear glasses, I haven't thought much about getting contacts, it certainly would help my vision while I'm wearing a mask I'm just not sure I could get over the "putting something in my eye" part

Comment

I don't wear either (yet). But I know what you mean. It would be very hard for me to stick something like that in my eye. I do think that it would really work well with the mask though.

Comment

Well, the materials arrived today and they're perfect. The stretch pleather is thicker than I anticipated and very supple, this is actually a good thing, it'll allow me to minimize how much wrinkling and creasing there will be. The moleskin is not quite as matte as I expected, but it is thicker than normal spandex and not shiny by any means. These materials should do quite nicely.

My wife also discovered that another one of the shoe shop's location can cut the boots down and stitch the top edge for us, for only $35, the down-side is that they can't re-add the strip of trim at the top of the boot, but I think we'll be able to find a way around this on our own. So I'll most likely drop the boots off before I take off for the weekend.

I'll be down in Tri-Cities, Washington this weekend for RadCon, but next week I'll begin the costume construction proper.
                        InterestingJohn
                        Alpha-Lantern
                        Last edited by InterestingJohn; 02-11-2010, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Glad to hear that everything is coming together so well!
                          "...and I shall shed my light over dark evil....
                          For the dark things cannot stand the light.....
                          the light of the Green Lantern!"
                          -Alan Scott, the Golden Age Green Lantern-

Comment

The mask looks too cool for school yo. I think this will turn out as one of the coolest costumes ever made.

Comment

Wow that mask came out great. Glad to see that you are taking such great lengths to get everything down right. How is the chest symbol coming along?

Comment

Originally posted by battlantern View Post
                                Wow that mask came out great. Glad to see that you are taking such great lengths to get everything down right. How is the chest symbol coming along?
                                We're in the middle of re-thinking how we'll be doing the chest symbol, our first idea didn't work right, so it's on to "plan b", mostly we're trying to get the best sculpt possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X