Final thoughts on Brightest Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final thoughts on Brightest Day?

lots of haters it seems from various messageboards. some liked it, others dropped it like myself 1/2 way through.

I thought there was gonna be more depth to it, alot more storytelling and not the same characters standing around basically doing what they were doing an issue or two before. Sure there were some great scenes, a few great issues, cool looking covers or so. But the majority that I read I was just not getting into it as it progressed as did some as well.

thoughts?
    I loved it!
    14.81%
    I liked it.
    18.52%
    In the middle on it.
    29.63%
    I didn't like it.
    25.93%
    I hated it.
    7.41%
    Didn't read it.
    3.70%
    HUNDRED'S OF COMIC BOOKS FOR SALE! http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...ad.php?t=17568

if it wasn't for the "it was all just so we could bring back ST and fool all the GL fans who thought it had something to do with GL just so we could get all of thier money lol" i'd vote So-So, but it was so i vote Hate It ( even though i'm still in it til the end)

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

It's not over yet, so I couldn't tell ya.
      The last fan of 1990s comics
      Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

I read three issues then realized it was only a money grab from DC.

Haven't read or cared about it since.

Comment

Dropped after number 5

Comment

Dropped it with #7. I gave it until the reveals of their purposes to decide if I would continue reading. Their goals did not excite me and I dropped it.

Comment

I was on board with every issue until the whole Swamp Thing bit....now I hate it.

Comment

:Moderator:

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                Same here, although so far it has not been very impressive (story-wise). The art is nice though, but that's like 30% of the battle for me.
                sigpic
                Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                  Half this.

and

Half-I-Love-Reis'-Aquaman...

Voted So-So...
                  Rockstar Social Club: CircusRock || XBL: Aquaman Returns

Comment

I didn't hate it because it wasn't worth hating.

It's a completely bland and pointless story... but is it awful or objectionable in any particular way? Not really.

Comment

Can't pass a final judgement until the last issue comes out but i'm loving it, it's been the one weekly that i've actually been able to follow from start to finish and enjoy it. Alot will depend on the resolutions etc. from BD #24 but i'm sure the haters will continue to hate even though most of them aren't even reading the book.
                      "If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".

Comment

Not over yet, besides i think I'd like to read it all consecutively too before I call the spectre in and pass a final judgement.

I have been enjoying it, some stuff does seem a tad shoehorned in, but I freakin loved swamp thing as a kid, so I'm stoked for that. And the whole parliament of trees and dark avatar actually makes sense to me, so I'm excited to see what happens in the last issue.

Will Dove bite the boomerang? Or does deadman die again saving her? You know hawk wont do shit. From the solicits it seems they search for swamp thing, so does that mean he comes backs and then leaves? Does alec holland search out bayou jack and tomahawk to help him protect the swamp? So many questions to be answered and only one issue left.
                        I Bleed Green

"WHO CONTROLS WHAT NOW?" - Hal Jordan

Comment

Why resurrect 12 if you only needed 6???
                          Some of the resurrections now seem pointless... but less see how it ends

Deadman ... I get the whole "I want to live" thing
                          Hawkman/girl... end the curse and now could get interesting
                          Aquaman... about time he was back
                          Firestorm... GREAT he's back, now get him a monthly and a good writer
                          Martian Manhunter... interesting but he's more of a mentor type of character

Don't care about the rest...
                          Captain Boomerang... BLAH!
                          Zoon... they only did it so he can start FLASHPOINT... I bet it's all his fault!
                          Osiris... WTF! Black Adam would've been better
                          Jade... hmmmm not hatting it
                          Max... the whole WW killing him it's pointless now
                          Hawk... Double BLAH!

Bring on CHAOS, bring on MY HAPPINESS, bring on rage ..Rage ..RAGE!!!

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
                            I didn't hate it because it wasn't worth hating.

It's a completely bland and pointless story... but is it awful or objectionable in any particular way? Not really.
                            This.

Comment

It's crap.

Doesn't go much deeper than that. I've stuck with this turd party the whole way through expecting the tie-in to the overarching GL story and instead of tying into the spectrum, tying into something great and grand, out of the blue and disturbingly abrupt they come off with some elemental crap? Token bad-guy propped up on a stick? All this discovery just to have the Martian Manhunter do his best impression of a dirt clod?

I'm all about letting the professionals do their thing and enjoying what it is they do but this went from hopeful excitement, a mystery in the reasoning for each ressurected soul, trying to deduct from past clues and information how each mission was going to in some way contribute some emotion/color to the white and without each mission, would weaken the white to the point of an inability to stop the black. Instead the book went from building climax to "Hey! Instead of the making the next logical step and bringing all this stuff together in a manner that is consistent with current GL universe canon, let's go all M. Night Shamalamading-dong and throw in a twist that makes no sense!"

Rock on Martian Turdhunter. Rock on Geoff "I'm Totally Out Of Ideas" Johns.

Comment

Working...
                              X