Is Kyle now immortal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
    Good point. And that might be how they conclude it if they throw Guy of RL and when Kyle is discovered to be alive.
    Yeah, while it seems logical that Kyle could get Guy, or Supergirl, out of the red rings, nobody except Carol knows he's still alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
      Yeah, while it seems logical that Kyle could get Guy, or Supergirl, out of the red rings, nobody except Carol knows he's still alive.
      See, I thought he couldn't access blue with their Central Battery destroyed. He couldn't heal Saint Walker remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
        Sinestro was able to be sliced in half and not die because he was possesed by the White Lantern entity if I am not mistaken (I could be wrong though. It's been ages since I read it).
        Hmmm. Wasn't Kyle possessed by all the entities before he entered the wall? Maybe it was a one off thing since they're all gone (so we're lead to believe). If Sinestro was immortal when he was possessed. Maybe Kyle was just for that moment.

Comment

Originally posted by RandomGuy View Post
          See, I thought he couldn't access blue with their Central Battery destroyed. He couldn't heal Saint Walker remember.
          Which made no sense. He accesses the emotions directly, not through their batteries.
          The last fan of 1990s comics
          Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Yeah, that seems nonsensical. Plus without Blue, shouldn't he be a kind of warm gray instead of white? (I've actually no idea what color you would get if you mixed all those colors minus blue.)

You'd think that, at the very least, without access to the Blue, he'd be unable to use White, since his ability to use White was, I thought, a product of mastering all the other colors...

Comment

Right. And he used green just fine after the CPB (and Oa) got blowed up real good.

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                Right. And he used green just fine after the CPB (and Oa) got blowed up real good.
                Yea, just as I said that I read New Guardians #30 and he harnessed blue in this issue. Well, he tried to at least. With no luck (at least trying to heal someone).

The last panel actually kind of points to the whole question of this thread entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                  Which made no sense. He accesses the emotions directly, not through their batteries.
                  I see your confusion. Btw the line as Saint Walker lay injured was:

"Because he [Relic] has taken hope, you cannot tap the blue light to heal Walker because there is simply no blue to tap."

(as Relic was sapping the remaining energy from the Blue Battery)

and to the best of my knowledge that was the last time he used the blue light until this recent issue.

Comment

Wow. I have clearly missed out on a lot of stuff. I have been going to school for IT and haven't had a job in a while so I haven't had the money to buy comics. The last GL Guardians book I read was The Volume One tpb. I got it for Christmas. I need to find a way to read all these and get back in the loop.

Thanks for answering my questions guys.

Comment

*Spoiler*

I got GL issue 30, not sure where that falls right now, but in the first 6 or so pages, the GL corps is holding a funeral. One of th most prominent dead is Kyle. Now, I am not sure where this stands since the last GL book I read was back in Oct. when the vol. 3 came out and I thought GL was done for a while.

Comment

The Corps think Kyle is dead after he apparently perished during the battle with Relic. What really happened is that he returned from beyond the Source Wall, but only the Guardians and Carol Ferris are aware of this.

Comment

I could see how that would be confusing if you randomly picked up just this issue.

Comment

well being that he's a comic book character yes he is immortal, just look at S-man,Batman,WW, Hal ect., ect., ect. all have been around since the 1930-40's, all have died at one point and come back better then ever, all look to be in there-their-they're early 30's, all will still be around long after we're all dead

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                              I could see how that would be confusing if you randomly picked up just this issue.
                              The issue was there, and I thought GL was done. So, yeah, I did randomly pick up the issue. My bad for thinking it was over. Just kinda the vibe I got when the book was called the end, and ended with literally the green lantern story pretty much coming to a close.

Comment

So

So, in total, Kyle may not even be able to use the white energy, much less be immortal.

God damn it, one of these writers has to shoot kyle or something so we can know his mortality.

Comment

Working...
                                X