A theory on the War of Lights... and Mogo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A theory on the War of Lights... and Mogo

You notice the splash page from GL #25 from EVS with the multiple Corps going at it? Note the small bit, easily missable with the Orange Lantern reaching out and picking up a Green Lantern ring -- obviously from a deceased GL -- that is just sitting there in space.

That's the thing. The ring is just sitting there.

After the Sinestro Corps War, we learned that it is Mogo who instantly whisks away and guides a ring from a dead GL to a new candidate.

And yet the ring is just sitting there.

Maybe I'm looking too far into that splash page... but is it possible that at the time of the events on that two-pager, Mogo has already gone kaboom (or at least otherwise incapacitated)?

yea, that can't be good. and if Mogo goes than the prophecy is mostly gonna happen. and if Sodam Yat goes than thats one more step toward the end. Not good.

Comment

Yeah that is very worrisome. Losing Mogo would be a big OUCH to the GLC. If Yat goes...oh well...they will find somebody else to take IONs place. Dont get me wrong...i like Yat but i still personally see ION as Kyle.

I really see Yat as some sort of insurance back up because the guardians didn't have faith that they would get Kyle back. I truly believe the guardians were couting out Kyle as lost or dead during the war.

The only one's who cared to go back in there and help him was Hal, Guy and John. I mean we can clearly see that in the ION special when Kyle is questioning the guardians as to being the Torchbearer and where does he go from here.

But yeah i guess you can see Yat hasn't grown on me too much.

Comment

Andrew - the rings stopped moving during Sin Corps also don't you remember ?
        My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Originally posted by GLJIMT View Post
          Andrew - the rings stopped moving during Sin Corps also don't you remember ?
          Aye, when Mogo was incapacitated. Which I also mention here as a possibility as well.

Comment

I kind of hope the prophecy does come true. Then the Guardians will finally be proven wrong. They re-wrote the book of Oa and tore out the prophecy of the Blackest night......they are naive little pricks. They need to be put in there place. They vowed to never feel emotions...but they are afraid.

Ganthet and Sayd where the only two who had any sense within The Guardians ranks. Now they're gone. They are gonna have a huge wake up call and hopefully either change for the better or just be done away with.

Comment

Since Mogo is a planet, I can't help wonder if he wouldn't make a perfect burial ground for dead GLs ...

Comment

I was thinking it was more along the lines of them catching the rings before they can fly off to find a new bearer like Parallax did after murdering Chance.

Comment

It's either Mogo turning off his ring finder joo joo, or the Orange Lanterns stealing the rings. Mojo is not going down. No way the War of Light (which will end everything as we know it) is going to rehash the Previous prophecy. It will focus on the one that Ganthet relayed to them in GL #25.

~~~MY 2 CENTS~~~
                  GLC2814.4
                  Bearer of the Blue Ring
                  Last edited by GLC2814.4; 01-12-2008, 03:00 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

The previous prphecy is still in effect since Yat will become the greatest Green Lantern and die.

Comment

I disagree Sups, I think he fit that part of the plan when he became Ion.

Just my thought

Comment

Maybe could be. I don't know. That's not really clear yet.

Comment

Me thinks Ion should merge with Mogo instead of Yat ... Think of the AI ...

Comment

Working...
                          X