• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heath. Ledger. was. Joker.

Comment

• I'm just not seeing it.

Comment

• No one saw that either, or Anne Hathaway as Catwoman, Mark Ruffalo as Hulk, Christian Bale as Batman, Chris Evans as Captain America... I can go on and on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
          I'm just not seeing it.
          I couldn't particularly at first either, and I'm still not in love with the idea either, but this picture has given me some hope.

They're going for the more modern feel with this film, a bit more 21st century. I think they're trying not to go for what people would have wanted and they wanna surprise everyone. Hopefully in a nice way.

I think if they were doing a remake of Smallville or Superboy than he would have been ideal for Luthor, but we'll just have to see how he does in the big film.

From the picture, it gives me anice little feeling that this Luthor could be cold and manipulating. Probably a bit more like the Harry Osborn of DC than the Norman Osborn of DC if you know what I mean.
          Originally posted by IonFan
          (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
          Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
          If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
          Originally posted by Quaker
          I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

• Originally posted by chosenone85 View Post
            No one saw that either, or Anne Hathaway as Catwoman, Mark Ruffalo as Hulk, Christian Bale as Batman, Chris Evans as Captain America... I can go on and on.
            I still don't see Anna Hathaway as Catwoman. And that movie happened. And I like Mark Ruffalo, but they've NEVER gotten Bruce Banner right live action.

Comment

• Originally posted by chosenone85 View Post
              Heath. Ledger. was. Joker.
              Not to me he wasn't. He played a good psycho but it wasn't the Joker. If you asked me the day before Ledger was announced or today "what does the Joker need to be to be the Joker" I would say the white face, the outfit (which they more or less did fine in DK) and that he laughs and giggles all the time. He shouldn't be dour, moody, and brooding. That's a fine character, but it isn't the Joker.

I'm glad Nolan never got around to my favorites, the Riddler and Harley. Riddler probably wouldn't have asked riddles and Harley would've been an anorexic junkie.
              Space Cop
              The Dandy
              Last edited by Space Cop; 02-01-2014, 06:16 PM.

Comment

but they've NEVER gotten Bruce Banner right live action.
                I think Bill Bixby is probably the best they've done so far. He wasn't the traditional Bruce Banner but he had a stronger character than the others. Plus he made the show as much about him as the Hulk if not more.

I think when they next recast that they need to go for the geekier look. Bruce should have no muscles at all what so ever, he should be skinny. He should have a heart of gold and a strong character but a feeble and shy outside, a complete contrast to the Hulk. That way we'd have a more traditional Hulk and Banner feel.
                Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                Riddler probably wouldn't have asked riddles and Harley would've been an anorexic junkie.
                Actually, that sounds quite good to me! The Riddler would have given out clues in the form of riddles, but not in an obvious way, a more subtle 21st century way and an anorexic junky Harley would have fitted in well with the Ledger Joker.
                If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
                  ...and an anorexic junky Harley would have fitted in well with the Ledger Joker.
                  Oh, and in Nolan's world she probably would've had to have worked for the Waynes and been fired.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
                    I couldn't particularly at first either, and I'm still not in love with the idea either, but this picture has given me some hope.

They're going for the more modern feel with this film, a bit more 21st century. I think they're trying not to go for what people would have wanted and they wanna surprise everyone. Hopefully in a nice way.

I think if they were doing a remake of Smallville or Superboy than he would have been ideal for Luthor, but we'll just have to see how he does in the big film.

From the picture, it gives me anice little feeling that this Luthor could be cold and manipulating. Probably a bit more like the Harry Osborn of DC than the Norman Osborn of DC if you know what I mean.

Are you kidding? In this pic he looks about as intimidating as powder with a tan. Eisenberg is who you get when Michael Cera is too busy doing blow.

She blinded me with SCIENCE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                      Oh, and in Nolan's world she probably would've had to have worked for the Waynes and been fired.
                      Sounds a bit more Schumacher or even Burton to me.

The Riddler for example in Forever used to work for Wayne. Catwoman in Returns used to work for Max Shrek who was involved in Wayne Industries. Poison Ivy and Bane were involved in a Soth American brach of Wayne industries in B&R.
                      Originally posted by TheGoatLantern View Post
                      Are you kidding? In this pic he looks about as intimidating as powder with a tan. Eisenberg is who you get when Michael Cera is too busy doing blow.
                      Meh, I don't think they're going for the intimidating look, they're going for a more creepy and intelligent look. They're trying to show the genius in him more than the intimidating side.

Comment

• Why do people keep making Heath Ledger remarks about this? It's a completely different situation. Heath Ledger was diverse actor before The Dark Knight. Brokeback Mountain, Monster's Ball, The Patriot. He didn't have the best filmography in the world, but he showed he could perform in various roles. I've literally never seen Eisenberg do anything other than the same character in pretty much every movie he's appeared in.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
                          Why do people keep making Heath Ledger remarks about this? It's a completely different situation. Heath Ledger was diverse actor before The Dark Knight. Brokeback Mountain, Monster's Ball, The Patriot. He didn't have the best filmography in the world, but he showed he could perform in various roles. I've literally never seen Eisenberg do anything other than the same character in pretty much every movie he's appeared in.
                          I bring him up due to the fan reaction during the time, people HATED the announcement. Even though he may have been a diverse actor, comic fans did not care. It wasn't who they wanted. But look how it turned out! And that's my point.
                          "Chosen"
                          NOT his black friend
                          Last edited by "Chosen"; 02-01-2014, 09:27 PM.

Comment

It's not too late to cast Jonah Hill as Jimmy Olsen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post

Comment

• Yo.

Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
                                Why do people keep making Heath Ledger remarks about this? It's a completely different situation. Heath Ledger was diverse actor before The Dark Knight. Brokeback Mountain, Monster's Ball, The Patriot. He didn't have the best filmography in the world, but he showed he could perform in various roles. I've literally never seen Eisenberg do anything other than the same character in pretty much every movie he's appeared in.
                                have ya seen Now You See Me.....??

that was pretty diff for his typical sphere of roles Id say.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                                Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Working...
                                X