No announcement yet.

Continuing fallout from the Green Lantern movie disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure Ryan Reynolds was miscast as Green Lantern but more misplayed him. Made GL almost a comedian vs more of a bad ass! They rebooted and started Superman over, hopefully that's that do that too for GL.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
      Most people that actually liked the movie knew nothing or very little about GL going in.
      Not true. I know lots of big GL fans, like myself, that came out of the movie actually really liking it. Now that it's been years later and I've watched it like 100 times, I don't feel the same way anymore but I still do enjoy the film.
      Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

Originally posted by CeltiC5-27 View Post
        Not true. I know lots of big GL fans, like myself, that came out of the movie actually really liking it. Now that it's been years later and I've watched it like 100 times, I don't feel the same way anymore but I still do enjoy the film.
        Oddly enough, I don't know anyone that was a big GL fan that really liked the movie, and a large percentage of the users on this board feel the same way.

After I purchased the movie on DVD, I couldn't even get through the whole thing.

Comment

I've said before that I don't completely hate it. Was is the best movie? No. Was it the worst film DC has done? Certainly not. I own it on DVD but haven't touched it, mostly because it was constantly on on some cable channel or another. I still like them film for the most part.
          I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

I bought the blu ray because I want to have the film disappoint me in the highest quality possible.

I don't think Ryan Reynolds' career took a hit from this movie as he wasn't a huge star before this movie. He was pretty much type cast as a romantic comedy lead. Green Lantern was his opportunity to make it to the next level of celebrity. He's working on Deadpool now and he's more of a fit for that role.
            You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

I got it on BD/DVD so I could watch it either way and lend it to people.

Like CeltiC, I've watched it many times since then (I have to assume over a dozen at this point).

When I'm in the mood for it, the good points (how the constructs look, Oa) outweigh the negative for me.

Comment

I still dig it. I want to watch it on a 3D TV. I got the steel super best buy edition. I wish I would have bought the Walmart power ring one though.
                Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

Got rid of the dvd so I could get the extended blu-ray. Did that make it any better for anyone?

Comment

It would've had they recut the bailout scene. But deciding to have the historical intro and then show those bits again in flashback was a bad, bad call.

Comment

I have the extended blu ray and I barely recall that scene with Hal's father bailing out. I do remember that I didn't care for the extended version of the film.
                      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Originally posted by Spy Smasher View Post
                        I read the other day that Ryan Reynolds' career has taken a hit from the movie's flop. He was miscast in the role but did a lot better than I had expected him to. And this is what he gets for it.
                        RIPD did far more damage to RR's career than GL. It tanked at the box office and got far worse reviews than GL. Since then, Reynolds has only had a couple of low profile films. Hopefully, Selfless and Deadpool can reinvigorate his career.
                        Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Well, Reynolds has Blake Lively and his new baby probably helped him with not care too much on how his career went down hill.

I was watching Just Friends over the weekend and that was a great film for Reynolds.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                            Well, Reynolds has Blake Lively and his new baby probably helped him with not care too much on how his career went down hill.
                            And actually if the trade off is making the "bomb" of your career but getting your family, that's not bad, right? I mean if someone told me I could make a movie that would be roundly criticized but I would marry my beautiful co-star and father her child, I think I'd make that choice.
                            Space Cop
                            The Dandy
                            Last edited by Space Cop; 03-24-2015, 09:49 PM.

Comment

ohfortheloveofgod you cannot blame what's going on in RR life on the GL movie, lots of actors have been in what some would call a bad movie and it's never ended their/there/they're career, also once again GL wasn't a bad movie, could it of been better yeah sure i'll give you that but it wasn't The Last Airbender bad so

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

The movie has it's fan, surprising enough. I was wearing a GL shirt the other day and someone was commenting to me about how much they liked that movie. I felt kind of felt like a jerk breaking it to him that I didn't like the movie but read the comics.
                                http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X