No announcement yet.

Continuing fallout from the Green Lantern movie disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who could have imagined that an Ant Man movie would do far better at the box office than a Green Lantern movie would? Not to mention being a vastly better movie!

Comment

http://grantland.com/features/the-movie-star/

From three years ago.

Nobody cares about Ryan Reynolds... they just think they do.

Comment

My father who is very casual fan even told me he liked it. Its not a terrible movie but it has its flaws like most movies out there. It was easily better than Jonah Hex but it gets a higher profile because of a budget that went awry.

Comment

Originally posted by buffalorock View Post
          My father who is very casual fan even told me he liked it. Its not a terrible movie but it has its flaws like most movies out there. It was easily better than Jonah Hex but it gets a higher profile because of a budget that went awry.
          I enjoyed it. It was amazing in3D visually at least. It took some big chances,that I can see how they did not appeal to a lot of people. That being said though I don't know why it is the comic book movie whipping boy.
          Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

Because it is an objectively horrible movie.

Comment

I just watched it agin last night and I still really enjoyed it. Of course it has it's flaws but unlike previous DC movies featuring their "Big Guns" (Batman and Robin, Superman Returns, Dark Knight Rises) I can re-watch GL any time and not feel disappointed.
              I think the biggest mistake was that they made Parallax the Big Bad Villain of the movie.
              when I finished watching last night I thought....How hard can Sinestro be to defeat just having a Fear based power Ring when Hal already defeated Hector Hammond and Parallax within the span of a few minutes.
              I think Hector Hammond should have been the Movies sole Villain. he would still be infected Influenced and mutated by what killed Abin Sur but Abin Sur's killer and the "Influence" would be undefined. we'd still hear Clancy Brown's voice affecting Hammond (telling him to kill Hal etc.) but we wouldn't know it was Parallax. Of course Hector's Power level would have to be increased several times (particularly his telepathic powers) Make the final fight between Hal and Hector be a Mental Power vs Will Power struggle.
              The Overcoming fear aspect of course would have a mention here and there but it would be a great deal more philosophical. Hal could quote, "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself" and have Sinestro basically say "You only say that because you have never seen the TRUE face of Fear!" Parallax wouldn't be mentioned by name but the serious fans would get the reference, while the Casual fans would gain interest in seeing how the story unfolds.
              Have Each movie build up the threats.
              Hector
              The Weaponers
              The Manhunters
              Sinestro (That Might be a two parter....Part One showing Sinestro's fall from grace and part II showing his return as The wearer of the Yellow Ring)
              Parallax and Finally
              The Anti-Monitor which would also have Clancy Brown's voice and would be revealed to be the orchestrator of everything that had been going on all along.
              Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

Working...
              X