Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we do something about the idiotic threads?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we do something about the idiotic threads?

I know that I'm not alone in saying that there has been a large amount of idiotic and flat out dumb threads and posts in General and Qward lately. Is there someway we can put end to this? I don't want to name names, but I feel that these people need to stop.

There are always stupid threads in Qward... thats why they're in Qward.

And I think you need to relax... don't do it... when you want to go to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nite Owl View Post

really man enough is enough, the above person asked a valid question
      HUNDRED'S OF COMIC BOOKS FOR SALE! http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...ad.php?t=17568

Comment

And I gave a valid response... both instances were true.
        Qward is full of stupid threads and he needs to relax...

.. and so do you, apparently.

Comment

I don't think the OP is wrong is asking this. But I do agree with Nite Owl, those threads are in their appropriate places. In a forum like this, there WILL BE stupid threads. Be thankful their not in the middle of 'specific subject' threads.

Comment

Word

Comment

Originally posted by lokeinlyesmith View Post
              I don't think the OP is wrong is asking this. But I do agree with Nite Owl, those threads are in their appropriate places. In a forum like this, there WILL BE stupid threads. Be thankful their not in the middle of 'specific subject' threads.
              you mean threads about taking a piss should be in general? Good to know for future reference.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                you mean threads about taking a piss should be in general? Good to know for future reference.
                Fits the forum definition. It's not, arguably, contreversal. It's not about GL. Everything else goes in General. That's what a general forum is for. The generic stuff. Like taking a piss.

Comment

General forum to discuss what's going on with you, in the entertainment world, or whatever happens to be on your mind.

edit: for emphasis.

Comment

Originally posted by lokeinlyesmith View Post
                    General forum to discuss what's going on with you, in the entertainment world, or whatever happens to be on your mind.

edit: for emphasis.
                    obviously not everything, probably the reason for a certain topic getting locked in the gen forum
                    HUNDRED'S OF COMIC BOOKS FOR SALE! http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...ad.php?t=17568

Comment

I'm offended that your offended... go to Qward.

Comment

How about doing something about idiotic posters? I used to mod at Animekingdom.net and if we saw one line pointless topics, forums we'd initiate bans and account cancellations!
                        The Daleks you have the ability to instill great Fear welcome to the Sinestro Corps.
                        Response--- Wel---come? No We must Ex--ter---min---ate Sinestro

Comment

Originally posted by BLUELCMISHRA View Post
                          How about doing something about idiotic posters? I used to mod at Animekingdom.net and if we saw one line pointless topics, forums we'd initiate bans and account cancellations!
                          Okay, here's an honest question.

Why?

Why does it bother you guys so much? Yeah, it's dumb. Yeah, you have to kinda filter through them. But you could also just block those posters instead of them being banned. I'm not trying to big combative here, I just really don't understand why it's such a BIG deal to some people.

Comment

You can't block threads. They will still appear. Its just annoying to see these random topics filling up the pages. We have a Games & Humor section where you can be as silly as you want, a Qward section where you can be as serious as you want so why not let General be the bridge between the two? And that's not possible when its cluttered with asinine topics.

Comment

Originally posted by Nite Owl View Post

You're not a mod, so the question wasn't addressed to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X