Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortal kombat legends scorpions revenge. I fucking loved it and bring on a sequel
    .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Vampires vs. the Bronx (2020)

"Those little s**ts stole my Sprite."

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
      Mortal kombat legends scorpions revenge. I fucking loved it and bring on a sequel
      It was good and the most in keeping with the games.
      Space Cop
      The Dandy
      Last edited by Space Cop; 10-31-2020, 03:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post

It was good and the most in keeping with the games.
        One gripe about mortal kombat i argue is the character endings and story arent connected like marvel where its continuity. Im hoping we get a legitimate canon for the mortal kombat universe. Right now with the animated film they are on the right foot

Comment

• Trick r' Treat (2007)

"I like your eye patch."

My final Halloween-theme movie for the month and my werewolf pic for the full moon.

Frankenweenie (2012)

"Science is not good or bad, Victor. But it can be used both ways."

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
          One gripe about mortal kombat i argue is the character endings and story arent connected like marvel where its continuity. Im hoping we get a legitimate canon for the mortal kombat universe. Right now with the animated film they are on the right foot
          Up until MK vs DC, they had a pretty consistent (though convoluted) continuity. Of course, you can't have the arcade endings (where anybody can win) all fit together, but the sequels usually continued as if Liu Kang (then others) won and followed that story.
          Space Cop
          The Dandy
          Last edited by Space Cop; 11-07-2020, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post

Up until MK vs DC, they had a pretty consistent (though convoluted) continuity. Of course, you can't have the arcade endings (where anybody can win) all fit together, but the sequels usually continued as if Liu Kang (then others) won and followed that story.
            See what i want is if characters are killed off in the story mode they should stay dead. Even comics have this issue . Its like come on man how many times can one character die and be brought back without feeling oh they did it again?

Comment

• Outland (1981)

"Grown-ups have no sense of humor."

R.I.P. Sir Sean Connery. This is the least Halloweeny thing I watched this month, but I had to watch something in his honor and he didn't do a true horror movie (that my memory or a quick google search recalls), so sci-fi thriller had to do.

The Wind and the Lion (1975)

"It's been a bad year. Next one will probably be worse."

Wanted to watch another underrated Connery flick in tribute.
              Space Cop
              The Dandy
              Last edited by Space Cop; 11-07-2020, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• Outland was really High Noon in outer space, but it was pretty good.

Comment

• [Rifftrax:] Fairy King of Ar (1998/2018)

"Lesser villain from Mighty Morphing Power Rangers goes down."

Hack the Living Dead (1968/2020)

"Eww."

Ton (Hack the Movies) Piluso's fan edit of NotLD.

Midsommar (2019)

"So we just gonna ignore the bear then?"

Really liked this one.

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                  Outland was really High Noon in outer space, but it was pretty good.
                  Yep, which I said in memorial thread. Actually, it basically becomes High Noon in the third act because the start of it is very different (basically a conspiracy/drug investigation). Ends differently too.
                  Space Cop
                  The Dandy
                  Last edited by Space Cop; 12-05-2020, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• Doomed to Die (1940)

"The only way we're getting separated is with a divorce!"

An ocean liner goes down in flames with 400 lives lost, and the company's president is abruptly murdered. The chief suspect is the son of his biggest rival, whose innocence must be proven by renowned detective Henry Lee Wong.

Boris Karloff plays Wong, a la makeup to make him resemble a Chinese man. The effect is not especially convincing, and really just makes a stronger case that the studio could have dropped his last name and just had him as a widely-respected detective; they already cite the tale as being based on literary stories in the opening credits.

Not a bad film overall, though the detective is fairly annoying, the chauffeur is a douche, and the female reporter is a proud member of the trend of the day (smart-mouthed independent women). It was a decent mystery though.
                    Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Bill and ted face the music. It was fun

Comment

• Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)

"You may not like him, Minister, but you can't deny: Dumbledore's got style."

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009)

"Well, being me has its privileges."

[Rifftrax:] Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005/2010)

"I’m putting 5,000 on Voldemort."

Godzilla vs. Megaguirus (2000)

"Hey may be big, but he's still just a lizard."

Watched for the 20th anniversary.
                        Space Cop
                        The Dandy
                        Last edited by Space Cop; 11-15-2020, 01:06 AM.

Comment

• The Panther's Claw (1941)

"Shut up, come on! Shut up, come on!"

Several victims of a blackmailer are investigated by police, but things take a turn when one is found dead and the hunt for a suspect intensifies.

Actually rather decent, and the main character is played by Byron Foulger, who was also in The Black Raven with George Zucco.

And then since I needed to waste extra time, my dad opened the IMDB app on his TV and we browsed various flicks. One was In Hell with Van Damme, which is just a rehash of Bloodsport that we stopped watching five minutes in. We then watched a poor man's version of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines that was creatively titled The Terminators (2009). The first few minutes were actually not bad but it quickly turned into an Asylum-grade slog.

The T5s can detect a single cigarette from 15 miles away but can't see a dude hiding under a table five feet away? There's a massive invasion force attacking the entire US and wiping out major cities but nobody in town (which is right next to a full-scale city, and there's an Army base nearby) is ware until a nuclear missile strikes? (Also, everyone watches the explosion, which does not blind anyone, among other things). The main evil computer program randomly decides to download itself into a super robot body to personally murder humans because reasons? The main off switch for the evil robots is a literal old-fashioned switch box like you would find in your basement?

The film did give me and my dad some laughs but I do not recommend it.

Comment

• Not the exact order I've watched these last few movies, but I'm trying to spread them out a bit so . . .

Child's Play 2 (1990)

"You've been very naughty, Miss Kettlewell!"

Re-watched for its 30th anniversary.

Goke, Body Snatcher from Hell (1968)

"You call yourself a human being?"

This was kind of slow for most of it, but the concept was good and I loved the ending. Not as gory as the title/publicity might suggest.

Green Room (2015)

"Tell it to someone who cares."

Liked this thriller about an indie punk band who takes a job at a skin-head bar and then is in real danger when they witness a crime. Patrick Stewart plays the bar owner/head of the Neo-Nazis. Not quite Anton Yelchin's final movie, but it must have been released after his death because it's dedicated to him. Liked it.

[Rifftrax:] Martial Law (1990/2019)

"Please don't make my brain hemorrhage comical."
                            Space Cop
                            The Dandy
                            Last edited by Space Cop; 11-15-2020, 01:06 AM.

Comment

• I remember seeing a trailer for Green Room. I didn't realize Stewart was in it, I just thought the bad guy boss looked kinda like Walter White.

Comment

• Variety Lights (1950)

"I'm an artist. So are you. You've got spunk."

Fellini's first directorial feature (though co-directed).

[Rifftrax:] Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007/2011)

"Hello any given girl from a Phish concert."

North to Alaska (1960)

"He's not even here! Over at another mine, fighting some claim-jumpers. One good thing about that, them shootin' at him will take George's mind off Jenny.
                                -Yes. A bullet through the head is always the best cure for love."

60th anniversary.

The Head Hunter (2018)

"I always thought I could protect her.

Low-budget and fairly short (71 minutes, IIRC), but decent. Follows a Nordic (presumably), Medieval monster hunter, but really only shows you one actual fight, which is the one in revenge for his daughter.

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                                I remember seeing a trailer for Green Room. I didn't realize Stewart was in it, I just thought the bad guy boss looked kinda like Walter White.
                                I recommend it, but it's expired from Instant Netflix now.
                                Space Cop
                                The Dandy
                                Last edited by Space Cop; 12-05-2020, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X