https://screenrant.com/green-lantern...-morrison/amp/

*sigh*

It's almost over...

Comment

"art" still looks like sh!t, can't wait for the reboot

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

The art was one of the things I've liked about this run. Reminded me of Mézières several times.

Comment

I don't mind the art, though it often seems very dark and muddy to me. Probably intentional, given some of the subject matter, but still...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
            I don't mind the art, though it often seems very dark and muddy to me. Probably intentional, given some of the subject matter, but still...
            Yeah, my favorite bits (and the ones that remind me of Valerian comics) are the really alien ones with lots of details and/or characters in the background.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
              The art was one of the things I've liked about this run. Reminded me of Mézières several times.
              Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
              too each their own.......................... me and my money are going elsewhere (and have been for sometime)

IonFan says

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                "art" still looks like sh!t, can't wait for the reboot
                Can't disagree with you there.

Comment

too each their own.......................... me and my money are going elsewhere (and have been for sometime)
                  I understand that. I've given the example before that I personally can't stand Doug Mahnke's art, but he's pretty popular. I don't skip GL, though, even if I dislike the writer and artist. Call it FOMO or completionism, but I hope to have every GL issue one day and one of the easiest steps in that is to collect every current issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                    I understand that. I've given the example before that I personally can't stand Doug Mahnke's art, but he's pretty popular. I don't skip GL, though, even if I dislike the writer and artist. Call it FOMO or completionism, but I hope to have every GL issue one day and one of the easiest steps in that is to collect every current issue.
                    you can't reward sh!tty art and bad story-lines, they will never learn if you do, the only real power we the people have is our money and who we give it too matters

IonFan says

Comment

you can't reward sh!tty art and bad story-lines, they will never learn if you do, the only real power we the people have is our money and who we give it too matters
                      You're right, but two things:

(1) DC, like all entertainment businesses, never seems to get the right message from not buying something. They won't say "oh, people don't like Morrison/Sharpe on GL." They just say "oh, people don't like GL anymore, let's mothball it."

(2) Even for the bad stuff, I want to witness it. I want to know what happened to Hal, what constructs he's used, what villains have appeared, etc. And I definitely want to be there for the good bits among the bad.

I've always likened it to being a sports fan following your team on a bad year or finishing bad season of a show you like because you want to know the whole story. That's very much how I view my GL collecting.

Comment

Just read #11.

Non-spoiler spoilers: the "Young Guardians" are having a tough time fitting into the old Guardians' shoes.

Something mentioned about the Green Central Power Battery being multidimensional? Being in the same place in alternate-Earth dimensions?

The writers are going the wrong multiple directions again. A really hard reboot is needed.

Comment

^Yeah, this issue set the groundwork for the solicits we've read about a CPBless-corps. They even showed the kid characters as the new Guardians were talking.

Comment

Working...
                          X