Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

think about it guys everyone bitches about games costing more money... games are costing more because the studios only ever see the money from the initial purchase of the product. if the additional fee will somehow be split between microsoft and the developer it may actually drive down the cost of the game

Comment

Xbox One = No backwards compatibility

Comment

Originally posted by havik View Post
        that seems to be the case. although if they can somehow control the price of used games by making you purchase a second license it could work. although what is to stop you from downloading your profile to friends device

They can stop you from downloading your profile to a friends device. For example, with sony, your profile can be used on 3 different consoles I think. I have 2 ps3s in my home, 1 previously died, when I went to a friends house to log in I had to call Sony.

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by Frank Castle View Post
          http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-for-xbox-one/

I wonder what that "fee" is. Deal breaker right there.
          I agree w/this, but it doesnt go far enuff: FUCK M$ FOR DOING THIS, and no amount of my money will NEVER touch that device. not for me, nor for my nephews (hell, they got parents, so let *them* be clueless idjits).

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
          Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

think about it guys everyone bitches about games costing more money... games are costing more because the studios only ever see the money from the initial purchase of the product. if the additional fee will somehow be split between microsoft and the developer it may actually drive down the cost of the game
            Seriously doubt it. But take Sony for example, they've already confirmed that PS4 games will cost $59.99. So how that work for them. The reason why games are costing more is because they spend so much more money on things like graphics and marketing/advertising. They make a ton off of day 1 DLC and other DLC packages.

Comment

wow you guys are all debbie downers today .... everyone loved the generic looking ps4 yet forget that ps4 had all of these same rumors floating around it. so it isn't like microsoft is just screwing people over sony had the same ideas.

Comment

wow you guys are all debbie downers today .... everyone loved the generic looking ps4 yet forget that ps4 had all of these same rumors floating around it. so it isn't like microsoft is just screwing people over sony had the same ideas.
                Sony had RUMORS, Microsoft doesn't. Case closed.

Those rumors meant nothing as I never believed them for either console, I wanted to see what they had to offer first.

Comment

And so far SONY hasn't shown us jack shit so they may still have it. In 20 minutes of this press conference we saw and heard more about the One than we did the 4
                  I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
                    And so far SONY hasn't shown us jack shit so they may still have it. In 20 minutes of this press conference we saw and heard more about the One than we did the 4
                    Actually, they confirmed it in the conference as well as follow up interviews.

And that's not entirely true, they both talked about features, specs, and showed off games. They only thing MS showed off was the look of the actual console in which Sony is waiting til E3.
                    "Chosen"
                    NOT his black friend
                    Last edited by "Chosen"; 05-21-2013, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
                      exactly my point sony has showed nothing but xbox gets it

Comment

Hmm must have missed it in the conference and I did no watch the follow ups.

I must say though in terms of money I am not surprised by this move at all.

In terms of backward compatability I would honestly be more shocked if it was included in next gen systems because again..money
                        I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

What did MS show that Sony didn't besides the box?

One thing Sony did show however was actual gameplay with some of their titles and not just trailers.

Comment

Yo.

and ya know, I saw a pic that claimed this was to be wat the new controller looked like:

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                            Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Comment

What the fuck is that!!

Comment

Working...
                                X