Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any chance Bendis writing Green Lantern?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any chance Bendis writing Green Lantern?

And would you want to

Well, yeah, there's a chance. I don't think that will happen, though, just because I don't think it will. As for if I would want him to. Um... I'm ambivalent at this point. I do think that Green Lantern really needs a creative team change, and I'm confident Bendis would at least do something more with the franchise and concept than Robert Venditti has done, who, in my opinion, has just been telling boring-ish stories that don't really add much of anything to the mythos or the characters.

Considering that the new additions we've gotten in Green Lantern in the last several years have been Jessica Cruz, Simon Baz, Emerald Sight, the Emotional Reservoir, Renegade, Lost Army (which was swept under the rug and never explained), and John Stewart leading the Corps, which hasn't amounted to anything for that character, I would welcome someone else taking a shot at this.
    Star-Lantern
    Weaponer of Qward
    Last edited by Star-Lantern; 11-08-2017, 04:10 PM.
    ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

It depends on what he'd do with it, and I have no idea about that. He has the clout to flush Geoff's blunders, but maybe he wouldn't do that. Maybe he'd just try to write better stories than we've been seeing, which he's probably capable of doing, but without taking out all the trash that's accumulated in the house.

He might be a better fit to write Green Arrow and Aquaman, with the goal of getting them up to Flash-level popularity.

Comment

I'm really not a big fan of his writing so I am fine with him staying off the title.

I would love to see the creative team behind Black Bolt do their take on Green Lantern though, I think they are killing it in terms of putting out a compelling title about cosmically powered super people in space.
        http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well, it would probably be funnier. It would take me a lot longer to read because there would be a lot more words. I don't think it would be the best fit.

Comment

Never say never. Stranger things have happened.

Comment

That sounds awful
              "If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".

Comment

I suppose. It seems highly unlikely, though I wouldn't be against it. I expect if Bendis does ever write GL, he might try to start with a clean slate, which if it that actually happens, would give me very mixed feelings.

Comment

Maybe Mark Bagley can draw it, too.

Comment

When they brought Bagley over just before the New52 his stuff looked horrible. I don't see how somebody can go from drawing the defining versions of certain heroes for another company to drawing inconsistent shit for the competition unless it's on purpose. IIRC he was on the Trinity title then JLoA with all of the replacements, and he didn't do either book any favors...

~//V\\~

Comment

Could he be the next guy?

Comment

Working...
                      X