View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 12:25 AM   #5
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
When someone calls you on your cell phone, do you generally answer or do you let it go to voicemail? Do you mentally do the "if it was important, they would send a text" math?
Text math wouldn't work for me. We had texting disabled on our family plan for years (because my mother used to get too many texts from her niece). We reinstated it a few months ago, but I suck at it and have only received or sent about 10 texts in the months we've had it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
If I recognize the number. . .
This. Problem is I still get way more calls on the land line than my cell and I'm rarely by the phone with caller ID. BUT we get 6-10 solicitors a day, so I screen the calls unless I happen to see the number (it also comes up on Fios cable, but I don't use that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
...I've never liked talking on the phone, because I'm an introvert. The rise of robocalls has further turned me against the phone. If you know me, you can email me and I'll see it fairly soon.
This and this. I hate the phone. I hate answering calls (it disrupts my plans) and I hate making calls even more. I hate my cell most of all and mostly it just sits next to my TV charging (I check it once or twice a day and find missed calls from hours before). I have an outdated flip phone, which is already bigger than I'd like (I'll try to never get a smart phone), but AT&T let me keep it, so I did.

I only have one because I can't physically change a tire or walk far and want it for emergencies, but I honestly still forget it about 1/3 of the time I leave the house.