The Shield: The Final Act

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Shield: The Final Act

Just 3 episodes left of the series... anyone else been following this season as closely as I have?

Everything is happening right NOW!

Ronnie and Vic are hunting Shane down for killing Lem, while he's on the run from the police for trying to have Ronnie killed by a gang-banger. Claudette and Dutch are working with Karynn to bring Vic down, and have now made contact with Mara, offering her immunity and an ease on Shane to come in and help them bring down Vic, who has turned in his badge, and is trying to get a Federal job, all while thinking about running with Ronnie because the blowback might be closer than they think. And now with shane threatening to tell Claudette that Vic put a bullet below Terry's eye, everything is rounding back to one.

These last 3 episodes are going to be intense.
    The blowback is going to burn the Barn, methinks.
    Everything will fall... and people will die.
    The only question is... who?

So... anyone else following this from week to week, sitting on the edge of their seat?

Do good. Be well. Make happy.

No offense, but I can't stand this show. The direction is just too sloppy, and there are like three people who can actually act(imo). The Wire is/was far superior show(same genre).

Comment

If you think only 3 people on The Shield can act, you clearly haven't seen more than a handful of episodes, and likely of just the first season (when some people had yet to find their stride)... especially considering Oscar Award winning actors Glenn Close (season 4) and Forrest Whitaker (seasons 5 and 6) have played central roles throughout its run (not just guest spots, but CENTRAL roles)... as for the direction, I agree that the "unsteady" cam style can be annoying at times, but its done for a reason... and thats to make the show feel unbalanced and a bit jerky, so that the audience is placed into an uncertainty of what exactly will happen each step of the way.

As for The Wire... you're kidding right? Its not a bad show, but just because its a cop show doesn't mean its anything like The Shield... and its really not... that would be like saying NYPD Blue was the same as The Job... sure they're the same genre, but they're so different, with a different set of standards (one almost too edgy for the time, and the other just pretending to be), and with a different feel, that the comparison is almost laughable... sure they're both good shows... but seriously... c'mon.

Anyway... is there anyone else here who actually watches The Shield?

Comment

Wow... Vic... damn... the look on Olivia's face when he started confessing was priceless... its too bad for Ronnie, though.

Comment

*Spoilers ahead*

Just finished the final episode... seriously... I feel bad for Ronnie... that said, I found it interesting how they left some thigns hanging... like the kid and his mother and the election that had been built up to through so many subplots.

I didn't see Shane's murderous suicide coming... I mean, I thought he may kill himself, but to take Mara and Jackson with him? Didn't think he'd have it in him, but then, I guess he did kill his best friend for a lot less.

At least Karynn and the kids got a seemingly good new life.

Oh, and the look on Vic's face when ICE shoved him behind a desk was priceless... though given how it ended, I can't help but think they may have a movie in mind somewhere down the line... doubtful, but with how Vic looked at his gun...

I dunno... it just seemed like it wasn't really over.

Anyway... its been a long 7 years... and unlike most TV shows, every episode was well worth it.

Comment

Working...
          X