PREVIEW: Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #26
    Writer: Robert Venditti
    Artist: Rafa Sandoval
    0.00%
    25.00%
    50.00%
    25.00%
    0.00%

Preview posted. Issue out. Poll added. Review posted.

Comment

Sandoval can make nothing happening look great! As a simple setup issue, it does the job and we get some nice interactions between the two pairs of earth Lanterns. "Orion as jerk" persona is here again - I'm not a fan of it, but it's better than how he was in "Wonder Woman." Are we going to get dueling gingers when Guy shows up?

I wonder why Salaak hesitated when John mentioned his homeworld. I definitely wouldn't mind a bit of a spotlight on ol' "picklehead" - it's been too long since he was shown any love. I'm still waiting for Arisia to say something...(actually, I have a theory that she and Hal are hooking up on the DL and don't want anyone else to know, which is why we never see her ineracting with him in front of the others. ) Curious to see where this all leads with Graf as well. (does anyone know if Graf's visions have anything to do with the visions Baz was having? I haven't been reading "GLs" so I don't know what happened with that)

I know the "Kylanik" drama is in full gear, but the longer they go without mentioning Carol, the weirder it seems...
      Kane2814
      Weaponer of Qward
      Last edited by Kane2814; 08-09-2017, 09:23 PM.

Comment

I see Hal and Kyle are still avoiding the elephant in the room...CAROL FERRIS

But at least its confirmed it happened since this is like a continuation of Godhead. Would be cool if she appears later in the book and we can finally have some clousure. Otherwise is safe to assume Carol and Kyle are lovers/attracted to each other they are just not together anymore. My guess is that since Omega Men when Kyle was captive nor Carol or Kyle hear from each other (Kyles message clearly didnt reach Carol since he was far away on the vega system and Carol on earth) and both assumed the other moved on and decided to leave it like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Noct View Post
          I see Hal and Kyle are still avoiding the elephant in the room...CAROL FERRIS

But at least its confirmed it happened since this is like a continuation of Godhead. Would be cool if she appears later in the book and we can finally have some clousure. Otherwise is safe to assume Carol and Kyle are lovers/attracted to each other they are just not together anymore. My guess is that since Omega Men when Kyle was captive nor Carol or Kyle hear from each other (Kyles message clearly didnt reach Carol since he was far away on the vega system and Carol on earth) and both assumed the other moved on and decided to leave it like that.
          Not to mention the One Shot White Lantern story that featured both of them and alluded to Carol potentially being pregnant...

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
            Not to mention the One Shot White Lantern story that featured both of them and alluded to Carol potentially being pregnant...
            They should definitely return to that. In the future (but before he returns and gets killed), the bastard lovechild of Kyle and Soranik could team up with the bastard son of Kyle and Carol.

Comment

Originally posted by Noct View Post
              My guess is that since Omega Men when Kyle was captive nor Carol or Kyle hear from each other (Kyles message clearly didnt reach Carol since he was far away on the vega system and Carol on earth) and both assumed the other moved on and decided to leave it like that.
              When they finally get around to her, I want to see a brief flashback to them breaking up (amicably) right after "Omega Men" where Kyle talks about what he went through - perhaps as even the catalyst for the breakup (well, that and him falling for a manipulative mass-murderer). Just as a bridge between the end of that and Kyle popping up here. I hate when they don't bother even trying to maintain continuity from one series to another.
              Kane2814
              Weaponer of Qward
              Last edited by Kane2814; 08-11-2017, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X